OGS June Team League

Games can either ranked or unranked.

3 Likes

i will definitely play unranked. can’t envision myself to beat a 4d-5d with 2 stones. :grinning:

2 Likes

Ok, just sent chat message to all of them with my availability. Let the game, aka trash talk, starts.

I will beat the two 1k easily since I was once kgs 3d, lol

1 Like

Thanks Bug for setting this all up @Gia @Arclaw @Cadspen @DGF.EELT and @ttttkan I have all sent you messages on OGS to arrange times :slight_smile: Thanks all gl hf!

3 Likes

Oh what a coincidence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Will it attract more ddk players if we allow them to choose whatever board size they want to play? Some ddk may feel anxious about competitive 19x19.

A bit late for the first round but maybe next time.

1 Like

drifterwolf vs AVAVT

June 4, UTC 1500

Or about 25 hours from now, 22:00 US CDT, June 3. Live stream on OGS. lol

We may kick off the league.

My second:
drifterwolf vs Waya_bimily
UTC 0100, June 20
that is 20:00, Saturday June 19.

@Gia can you please help put this in the wiki? I did try but failed to figure out and I sincerely apologize my proposal to kick you out of the league earlier. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Individual contract via PM for game is a bit bothersome. I’m not sure if there’s a better way for people in the same Board to communicate. Is there any way to set up a (temporary?) chat channel for people of the same Board?

Everyone reporting their desired timezone is also a quicker way to set up game, but we probably need a central place for lookup (instead of digging through 100+ posts in the thread)

I (using the AVAVT account :stuck_out_tongue: ) will be speaking for ttttkan for matches setup, since he’s not very confident with English. Please contact me for matches with him.

@Jakobb @Gia @Arclaw @Cadspen

His available time is normally:

1:00:00 AM4:00:00 AM
and
8:00:00 AM10:00:00 AM
Except on Sunday.

This timezone thing is hard lol :sweat_smile: But the time above should be parsed correctly to everyone’s local time now.

2 Likes

This looks exciting! Suggestion for @bugcat - make an OGS group for this and add everyone so it’s easy for participants to see who’s online and for spectators to see what games are in progress.

5 Likes

On the forum you can make a private message thread and invite people. It wouldn’t exactly be a chat, but could help organise things anyway.

Generally I am available

2021-06-03T08:00:00Z2021-06-03T21:00:00Z

every day, with a few exceptions.

Hi bswan, jiveo, BattlePrez, ThieuN, TPDN.

I am available:
2021-06-03T07:00:00Z2021-06-03T08:00:00Z from Thursday to Saturday
2021-06-03T09:00:00Z2021-06-03T22:00:00Z from Sunday to Tuesday

Please feel free to privately message me to arrange a date! :smiley:

The problem is that not every participant seems to have an account on the forum. I can’t contact ngothonghy and chienepu1995 through the forum PM.

I will try to send them a message on OGS.

By the way I am :fr:

2 Likes

In original post all players are linked.

Yes I managed to arrange a match with him/her by PM on OGS.

2 Likes

@txwolf I added the games, please check they are correct.

@Samraku I think you were editing the same time as me, I got a conflict message, I hope I didn’t overwrite something.

I removed the Date column, since we all are using the Insert Date/ Time function. If possible, try to enter your games in chronological order.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up; I added my entry back in. I also added a notice to please maintain a chronological order; feel free to change that if so desired.

1 Like

Thanks! I corrected my conversion error on my first one.

1 Like

We got the time for another match. Posting here to confirm time:

@Gia vs ttttkan at June 8, 2021 1:00 PM

1 Like

make an OGS group for this and add everyone

Sadly I already have two groups, and having three is forbidden.

I discussed the same issue here when I wanted to establish the teaching league group (which I never got round to doing anything with), since I had two groups then as well. It’s a bit of a hassle and even required some mod intervention last time, but it’s something to look at.

It would be easier if someone else (you? c:) made the group and added me as an admin.

1 Like