OGS Notifier plugin for Chrome

I had a delay of a few minutes earlier, but other than that everything is fine so far.

1 Like

@trohde Hi mate, I don’t have access to my computer for a few days and Chrome on Android doesn’t support extensions yet… But i will try it first thing when i get back…

1 Like

@trohde Did you try just refreshing?

1 Like

Yes, it worked for me. Admittedly, I didn’t have more than 9 games yet where it’s my turn. I’ll check tomorrow

1 Like

Thx everybody for your replies …

Uhm, how do you mean, “refreshing”? Quitting Chrome and relaunching it should refresh everything, I’d think (except for the browser cache) … I even deleted and re-installed the plugin, and logged out of OGS and back in, just to be sure … now it shows nothing :frowning:

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling.

I have no reason why this should work. Just as I have no reason why it has stopped working.

Do you have another computer that you can try?

ETA: Sorry, missed that detail in your previous. Does it still show nothing after a restart of Chrome? The extension uses the current login identify to do the query for waiting games. I’m not sure what the latency is with that info getting to the extension. Also, it is only looking once per minute.

1 Like

Don’t know. I’ll look at it. I mostly just packaged existing code (with the agreement of the original author).

ETA: Just looked at the requirements. It looks like I should be able to publish for Firefox from the same repository as Chrome. Assuming no significant issues, I should have an updated version ready for both Chrome and Firefox.

2 Likes

On my phone, when i play a move in another browser and open OGS in another browser it still says i have 1 game to move on the right top. I guess the cookies stays as it is until a refresh… and restarting the app doesn’t help. It was just an idea…

1 Like

Dang, what shall I say, I restarted Chrome yet another time, and now everything’s fine again:

Feeling a little embarrassed now … sorry for confusing everybody :flushed:

3 Likes

But you revived this thread…

…which introduced some new users to the extension…

…and led another to ask for this to be published to Firefox…

…which looks like it is likely to be fairly easy.

And I am really happy that it is working for you.

5 Likes

I switched to Chrome and installed the Plug-in. It works really well. Thanks for all the work you have done @Traveller I’m looking forward to Firefox version. :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m missing my beloved OGS Notifier Plugin :cry: any chance that it can and will be revived again?

great news!

another notifier exists! it is done by the very awesome ogs user @hasselbach :clap: :clap: :clap: and works like a charm! with his approval im posting the link:

3 Likes