OGS translation, Pootle and stuff

Thanks!
And what’s the meaning of “new nav/ old nav”?

1 Like

That’s referring to the new experimental nav bar. See here for more details: New experimental nav bar available

@GreenAsJade can probably give better context though

1 Like

I think that’s about it: there is a help flow for Guest uses for the New Nav, and one for the Old Nav, and those are the labels for the status indicator buttons for each.

1 Like

Guest users are those invited by a link to a game, is it right?
So they don’t have an ogs account yet.
I don’t get the purpose of those settings.

These settings are a bit niche: the kind of thing that hopefully your average person doesn’t have to worry about.

Guest users are those who arrive via a game link - that’s right.

When they arrive, a “help flow” is triggered for them: there are currently three of those, the ones listed.

Suppose they arrive and get “Old Nav Guest User Help Flow” triggered - most likely.

This will cause a popup to appear over the old hamburger menu button saying something like “To change your password, click here”. If they do click there, then another popup will appear next to “Settings” in the left hand menu saying “To change your password now click here” …etc, helping them to find the password change place, then also change their user name.

BUT they have the option to say “Skip” or “Dont show me these”.

If they say “Skip” then that help flow will be deactivated, and they won’t see the next popups.

If they say “Dont show me these” then all help flows will be turned off.

The settings you’re looking at are how you can change those decisions, like “oops, I want to see that help flow”, or “hey, I’m curious what this help flow is, I will turn it on even though I’m not a guest”.

Does that help? :wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely!
Thanks a lot.

So I guess I’ll have to check them too.
If I turn them on, will I see those popups as a guest should?

Yes that’s the idea :crossed_fingers:

(But you won’t see the “New Nav” flow if you have old UI experience selected, and vice versa)

Hi there!

There’s a text, in the user account settings that I can’t find on Pootle:

There isn’t such string on Pootle, so I wonder how could it be changed.
Is it some devs stuff?

My suggested translation would be “Noi non venderemo mai il tuo indirizzo email”.
I suppose that the verb “sell” is specifically intended for selling bunches of user emails to some advertising company or such. If the english meaning is different, I could change my suggestion.

1 Like

And what’s “online leagues” in the profile page?

Are those the “associations” that are available under “account linking” in settings?

Edit: no, they aren’t.
I edited my associations, but still can’t figure out what a league is.

That’s part of a new (or not yet finished?) feature that I don’t know very much about, but I notified the team that you’re seeing that on profiles already. I suppose you can ignore that for now.

The “We wont sell your email” string should be translatable, but it looks like it’s missing the proper annotation, so isnt being sent to Pootle. Good catch!

2 Likes