Option for daily limit on games

Would it be possible to have an option in settings to limit one’s daily games? Just like we can cancel autoplay of the next ep on Netflix :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

For a tough break, you can ask to be banned for a period of time

3 Likes

Haha. . I like to get a game everyday though. Have a problem stopping at 1 lol

2 Likes

Be strong then, counting to 1 is not that difficult

5 Likes

And then someone cancels game or (timeouts/resigns) after move 3 and limit will not let you search for game again :grinning:

4 Likes

But i think it’s still an interesting suggestion. I just doubt it will be very high on the priority list (as long as there isn’t a big enthusiasm around for it)

Yes. But the limit can be changed manually though. .

Wonder if it’ll take a lot of work to code in. It’s an important part of user experience. Plus a necessary tool for something immersive. I know someone who feels Go contributed to his divorce :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Got involved in some love affair with a pro?

1 Like

:joy: :joy:
That wouldn’t be connected to the number of daily games I guess

1 Like

I call bullshit!

If you love Go more than your partner, then you’re headed for divorce anyway :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I can see how it would be cited as a factor though…

1 Like

The fact was cited when discussing Go, and not his divorce. There was no incentive to fabricate it.
Marriages can have difficulties, despite there being love. Go provides an escape from facing and solving uncomfortable problems. Perhaps that could be how it’s sustained a 2500+ year history

2 Likes

Given the “sense” of this - that it doesn’t have to be especially secure - then it can be implemented client-side.

@shinuito are you still looking for a project? :slight_smile:

1 Like

TBH this suggestion seems like a needless cluttering of our currently super-sleek settings. Anyone who can’t discipline themselves enough to manually moderate their play won’t have the discipline to resist changing the setting.

Cookie

Yes this is sarcasm, the lowest form of wit.

7 Likes

Embrace the Go-player’s cockpit! :smiley: :smiley:

(Note that the only clutter this would add would be hidden away in settings … now if only I could find the related meme, which I know exists, but is buried in there somewhere!!)

4 Likes

In that case I would request a setting to hide the settings that I shan’t be setting.

ps. I’m pretty sure S_Alexander did the cockpit settings meme but I’m not going looking for it.

pps. B5 quote, ‘♫ If I was a landing thruster, which one would I be?’

5 Likes

Having had the same recollection, I searched @S_Alexander in the memes thread already, looked at tons of them, and didn’t turn it up :sob:

Having a hide option next to each setting: now there’s an idea :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s not about love. Addictions can ruin your life. Go is less harmful than (excess of) drugs, alcohol or gambling but still…

2 Likes

I’m not sure what would be implemented though. I can’t imagine implementing an actual hard limit, like disabling the accept and automatch buttons on the play page.

Realistically a popup saying you’ve played X games today maybe, but even then it’d probably have to check the game history, and then would it include correspondence games that finished or games that were only a couple of moves long etc. That’s more similar to the op really, something dismissible (but opt in I guess)