"Out of Love", "Higher Love" & "Crazy in Love" badges

I tend to use my likes very sparingly in this place. Though, with the ammount of good content i find, i end up using my likes more than i would on a platform like Facebook.

The reason i use them sparingly, is that, unlike facebook, where it has multiple different ways to express yourself with “Like” button, as such, with the reaction feature it has now, that the sparsity, means that i value the likes in here far more than i would in other places online.

I dont know that its young people doing this, but that does seem the sort of activity a younger person would engage in, collecting achivements, though, i dont see why age is nessisarily an issue. Im of the opinion, that reguardless who is doing this, it seems meaningless, and should be discouraged. Though, i would also say that because its a badge, its then inevitable that people will want to “Collect” said badge. Hell, i liked being a regular, because it was proof i was on these forums all the time. (No longer a regular, which makes me sad, but i dont need a title to have a valuale opinion on something).

But then, are we really going to have the sort of conversation where by we dictate what badges are ultimatly woth more, or what badges should be disapraged? As the OP’er said, its a small issue i think, and not one that can reasonably be policed at this time. Let them collect their badges, but they do so with the knowladge that people like me… are looking at them with mild irritation.

6 Likes

I am sorry for spamming on likes. I like till I hit my limit becuase I want to be at the top of the given likes if you click on the users button, but if it is not allowed I will stop doing it.

4 Likes

Of course it’s allowed, we even have badges for it! Go ahead and like away :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ok thanks for answering

3 Likes

Isn’t that like the opposite thing you were arguing for in this thread?

6 Likes

Btw I already completed two of them so one more left to go

2 Likes

No, I was arguing if the badges inspiring mass-liking behaviour was a bad thing or not. I’m fine with people trying to get the badges if the exist:

The topic was more meant to be about if the badge itself is a useful addition.

7 Likes

Ok then.

On that note, @Sports_for_Life, I shall stay ahead of you on the likes given leaderboard. I want to be the most friendly :smile:

6 Likes

I can’t compete :cry: I don’t have enough likes because I’m not a regular.

4 Likes

@kingkaio, you do realize that Sports_for_Life isn’t a regular, right?

4 Likes

Oh then how do you get that much likes :rage:

3 Likes

I’m already at my limit even though I’ve used only like three today.

Edit: Well for two hours

4 Likes

It’s taken him multiple days to get that far.

4 Likes

@Sports_for_Life you’ve literally liked all the posts on this thread even if they’re just ok or hi.

3 Likes

It looks like I’m liking around 1 in 3 posts in this thread, and I consider myself liberal with the likes, so yeah, I think every post is excessive.

2 Likes

@kingkaio I want to get ahead of @Haze_with_a_Z on the users for most given likes, this is why. @Vsotvep said it was fine so I am doing it.

4 Likes

Haha, you guys. So competitive.

5 Likes

Come join the race :smiley:

Also I am 13 given likes above Sports

5 Likes

Free likes for saying that you two

2 Likes

At least I am top of views by like 130

3 Likes