"Out of Love", "Higher Love" & "Crazy in Love" badges

HAHA I am officially #1 on given likes, topics, and views! :triumph:

3 Likes

Lucky

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:
Only for this week though :frowning:

3 Likes

Total misinterpretation of what “likes” are for.

This is not a contest. It is not about “Olympic Liking”.

• It takes away from the original truth of “like”, you’re turning it into … fake.

• It renders your “likes” worthless, as now I know that you only “like” my comments or posts in order to elevate yourself, in your own eyes.

Thanks, but thanks for nothing.

<edit>
Just as bad as fishing for compliments likes, BTW, or doing ANYTHING in order to APPEAR such-and-such, or in order to be loved, whatever. Fake, fake, fake.

Forget this sh!t as fast as you can, UNLEARN this. Not just for here (or for Fakebook etc. etc.) but for your whole life.
You do not want to live a fake life, built on what you believe others think about you.
</edit>

17 Likes

Great post! Especially the last line. I’d give it several likes if I could.

8 Likes

I only give likes if they deserve one

2 Likes

Your other posts in this topic seem to bely that…

4 Likes

I know this is besides the point but this week I am winning. Sorry @trohde I will consider limiting likes.

3 Likes

All you need to do to is post and add something detailed to get a like from me

2 Likes

Your previous posts pretty clearly implied you were giving likes for the sake of liking.

Liking for the sake of achievements.

In combination with the previous post, implies that you are just looking for excuses to like things.

3 Likes

So I did this 94 times today? Thanks for the likes but I don’t think all 94 of those posts are very detailed.

4 Likes

Can we chat in a new pm haze?

2 Likes

Sure I guess. PM me.

2 Likes

Just started pm go in it

2 Likes

Couldn’t we instead make a contest out of who gets the most likes for their posts?
Just to give an incentive to write more posts that actually have some content. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

The “Appreciated”, “Respected” and “Admired” badges do this. Same with the “Empathetic” one.

I would think an interesting one is to have a temporary badge that you get as long as you have 0.5 (for bronze) / 1 (for silver) / 2.5 (for gold) likes on average on your posts instead of the “Out of Love” line of badges. These would actually incentivise thoughtful comments and limit no-content posts.

6 Likes

I’d make it a rolling average, but otherwise I think that’s a great idea.

4 Likes

It’s “Empathetic”

11 Likes

How about a badge awarded to the top 5 most reasonable likes .It gives out five per day.So you still want to encourage likes but you want them to like it reasonably

1 Like

I expected that a pedant like @yebellz would correct that mistake. Yebellz, pedantic as usual.

8 Likes