"Out of Love", "Higher Love" & "Crazy in Love" badges

Yeah, that word often trips me up. In Dutch it’s “empathisch”, from “empathie”. But in English instead of turning “empathy” into “empathic”, it is more common to say “empathetic”.

Misplacing the h was entirely my fault, though.

6 Likes

Empathic in English would more imply an empath.

3 Likes

Yes, like Troi, on StarTrek–TNG.

5 Likes

I like posting though so I would probably still post to post.

2 Likes

What about going higher? I know 2 users who have like-to-post ratios over 5. I would have a ratio of 4, but werewolf game messed that up…

2 Likes

If it’s a rolling average, then going higher seems better, indeed. I just picked the numbers more or less randomly.

3 Likes

But the empathetic badge also needs some likes same as thank you.

1 Like

I thought your numbers sounded good with a rolling average, but maybe mods could play around with the numbers for the first few months to see what feels right. (assuming this is even something supported by discourse)

3 Likes

How about trust level zero has only ten likes and trust level one has twenty fives and trust level three and four have 100.

1 Like

What do trust levels need to do with likes? If it is about how many each tier gets, I don’t think we should reduce it for the different ranks. Also you forgot trust level 2.

3 Likes

cough cough
regular?

Since they were made a leader, they are locked up there I think.

2 Likes

I have a pretty low bar for “liking” a post. Basically, if I like what someone said, but don’t have anything to add (in a comment) then I like it.

This has nothing to do with the badges.

I find it hard to believe that anyone is trying that hard to get badges in such a niche forum. But if they do exist, TIL!

3 Likes

That is how you get gallowboob. Do you want gallowboob?

3 Likes

LMAO some people get off on the weirdest things…

3 Likes

If it is a problem that people hunt for likes in order to get certain badges (which I admit of doing so), then the solution might be to hide the page that describes how and when you do receive a badge. Let the badge come as a surprise and that you don’t know why you got it. Fine with me!
The badge system however was set up to get people more involved in the OGS forum, because that is what a forum is for: people interacting and participating in the OGS community.

2 Likes

Maybe make a badge called more read less likes where you need to read like twenty posts per like for a week(once you get it it will stay.)

2 Likes

the only problem with this is that some people only read threads that have a lot of posts that deserve likes. So then one could be discouraged from liking some of those good posts that people make.

2 Likes

I am just going to make a badges thread

1 Like