PairGo on OGS?

Hi, I was wondering if OGS has planning to make PairGo in the future :slight_smile:

I love OGS and I wish there was PairGo option here :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Itā€™s been on the planning for a long, long, long time.

13 Likes

It is a big project, our developer says heā€™s not opposed to it one day but that there are still improvements he wants to make to the one on one main variant that he thinks are more important

8 Likes

Pair go is the only reason I use other servers than OGS for club matches or streaming matches. It is also my number one wish :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Clearly the ultimate feature i canā€™t wait for :blush: :3

5 Likes

Definitely Pair Go is a feature OGS should have.

8 Likes

Thanks for replying :slight_smile: I think OGS is perfect already ^^

8 Likes

OGS is indeed my favourite Go server, but we are always hungry to improve ^_^

6 Likes

To be honest Iā€™m a member of a community of 200 people who doesnā€™t want to switch from KGS and one of the biggest argument is ā€œthere is no rengoā€

5 Likes

FWIW, until it is implemented here on OGS, rengo (and other go variants) are available over at Variant Go Server

I think the point is more that KGS has rengo while OGS doesnā€™t, so the community is happy to stay using KGS. Pandanet also has it.

Thatā€™s fineā€¦ just giving them the information in case they wanted to leave KGS and rengo was the only thing keeping them there. All servers have different strengths and weaknesses.

1 Like

I think the point is more that KGS has rengo while OGS doesnā€™t, so the community is happy to stay using KGS. Pandanet also has it.

Iā€™ve only played a bit on KGS, but just stuck to OGS, since I really donā€™t like the interface.
So far, the main arguments for using KGS that Iā€™ve heard are ā€œIā€™m already used to itā€, ā€œthe community is betterā€, and ā€œthe roomsā€. The first one you cannot do anything about it, but maybe thereā€™s something that can be done to improve the other twoā€¦

Just thinking in terms of priorities. Rengo sounds like a massive project, but thatā€™s for the devs to figure out which features have the best ROI in terms of attracting players.

Iā€™ve never played rengo. Sounds pretty cool, would be happy to try it if I manage to teach 3 friends how to play go :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

IMO the community on OGS is better, the best actually :wink:
ā€¦and with the recent upgrades to the chat page we basically have all the functionality of KGS rooms too AFAIK, are there any features (of rooms) weā€™re still missing?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not agreeing with those statements, just saying what Iā€™ve heard. :sweat_smile:
My demographic (DDK) is well catered for on OGS. I guess the point is how to make SDKs and Dans stick around (instead of fleeing to the asian servers).

So I guess Iā€™m probably not the person you should be surveying. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

We also have a strong SDK representation here. Itā€™s mostly just high dans who donā€™t play here, ironically, because high dans donā€™t play here (a self-fulfilling prophecy)

2 Likes

Is this the yoonyoung?? As in ź¹€ģœ¤ģ˜8ė‹Ø??

2 Likes

Yes it is

2 Likes

I am starstruck. Now we have to get pair go!

2 Likes