PairGo on OGS?

Hi, I was wondering if OGS has planning to make PairGo in the future :slight_smile:

I love OGS and I wish there was PairGo option here :slight_smile:

28 Likes

It’s been on the planning for a long, long, long time.

13 Likes

It is a big project, our developer says he’s not opposed to it one day but that there are still improvements he wants to make to the one on one main variant that he thinks are more important

8 Likes

Pair go is the only reason I use other servers than OGS for club matches or streaming matches. It is also my number one wish :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Clearly the ultimate feature i can’t wait for :blush: :3

5 Likes

Definitely Pair Go is a feature OGS should have.

8 Likes

Thanks for replying :slight_smile: I think OGS is perfect already ^^

8 Likes

OGS is indeed my favourite Go server, but we are always hungry to improve ^_^

6 Likes

To be honest I’m a member of a community of 200 people who doesn’t want to switch from KGS and one of the biggest argument is “there is no rengo”

5 Likes

FWIW, until it is implemented here on OGS, rengo (and other go variants) are available over at Variant Go Server

I think the point is more that KGS has rengo while OGS doesn’t, so the community is happy to stay using KGS. Pandanet also has it.

That’s fine… just giving them the information in case they wanted to leave KGS and rengo was the only thing keeping them there. All servers have different strengths and weaknesses.

1 Like

I think the point is more that KGS has rengo while OGS doesn’t, so the community is happy to stay using KGS. Pandanet also has it.

I’ve only played a bit on KGS, but just stuck to OGS, since I really don’t like the interface.
So far, the main arguments for using KGS that I’ve heard are “I’m already used to it”, “the community is better”, and “the rooms”. The first one you cannot do anything about it, but maybe there’s something that can be done to improve the other two…

Just thinking in terms of priorities. Rengo sounds like a massive project, but that’s for the devs to figure out which features have the best ROI in terms of attracting players.

I’ve never played rengo. Sounds pretty cool, would be happy to try it if I manage to teach 3 friends how to play go :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

IMO the community on OGS is better, the best actually :wink:
…and with the recent upgrades to the chat page we basically have all the functionality of KGS rooms too AFAIK, are there any features (of rooms) we’re still missing?

2 Likes

I’m not agreeing with those statements, just saying what I’ve heard. :sweat_smile:
My demographic (DDK) is well catered for on OGS. I guess the point is how to make SDKs and Dans stick around (instead of fleeing to the asian servers).

So I guess I’m probably not the person you should be surveying. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

We also have a strong SDK representation here. It’s mostly just high dans who don’t play here, ironically, because high dans don’t play here (a self-fulfilling prophecy)

2 Likes

Is this the yoonyoung?? As in 김윤영8단??

2 Likes

Yes it is

2 Likes

I am starstruck. Now we have to get pair go!

2 Likes