Paradox: game is lost by timeout and resign at the same time

in game history:
lost

but in game itself:
lost

In the last moment I resigned. Inside game I seen text that black wins by resignation. But then second later it was replaced with timeout.

looks like system is decentralized… If I actually click in time, info about that may successfully get to one part of OGS and fail to get to other part of OGS

11 Likes

Well, the log shows that kalamar resigned 1 second after they timed out. Possibly they had pressed resign before timing out, but the request arrived after the timeout?

It does appear the game got ended twice by the system, though.

5 Likes

you mean “stone defender”?

so if someone hacks user interface and sends resign after timeout, it will be “resign” in profile?

1 Like

Sorry, yes.

No idea :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1 Like

I’m not sure what @blademeng’s game is meant to demostrate. The site was borking at the time. People were complaining in chat and here about games not ending properly. I looked at the game, about an hour after it had ended and many of the moves will STILL appearing, in bursts. It took another twenty minutes or so for all the moves to finish appearing even though the game had ended more than an hour earlier ( and @Blademeng’s opponent had left and was playing another game)

Anyway, something is crazy in the code. Clear code would store result of game in the single place and all other places would be links to that single place. It should not be possible to store 2 different results for 1 game. Such technical possibility should not be created.