Parallel Fractional Go: Game 3

This time, I was off the 10th line on purpose… and luckily so! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to help out White in the lower-left quadrant, but I don’t know how, since there’s no Magenta stones there :fearful:

Edit: But hey, the top is now rock-solid :fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes

You could attack some cyan chains, right? I think I can only attack black there so it’s harder for me to help.

2 Likes

That’s true if we’re thinking about an attack to capturing something. But if we think about invading, then it may be easier to live if you share a colour with the black stones. At least that’s what I believe …

Thank you for your help this round @Feijoa, that helped!

2 Likes

I was kind of ambivalent between strengthening my stone and invading. Still haven’t ever been the last one to play, I wonder what that experience is like.

1 Like

It is frightening.

2 Likes

Round 4

6 Likes

This is my first time playing with six people and parallel moves. Each round is so unpredictable! It’s kind of humbling, and fun!

What is happening?? :laughing:

6 Likes

Do we need to show who didn’t submit a move yet? Or do we just post reminders, that someone didn’t?

3 Likes

Bump!

I’m guessing the govariants devs have the ability to see who hasn’t played yet.

2 Likes

We could also make a post which tags everyone if needed. ^^

@Feijoa @Jon_Ko @mafidufa @Maharani @martin3141

4 Likes

@Maharani have you played a move?

1 Like

Im sorry, I have a friend from faraway visiting. Will make a move right now.

5 Likes

Well, yes… but there is room for improvement :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Round 5

7 Likes

We have our first collision between @fuseki3 black_green and @mafidufa white_green on E3!

@Feijoa white_cyan comes to help team White in the lower-left, utilising both of their colours nicely. Meanwhile both Magenta players tenuki, respecting the lack of their secondary colour in the lower-left.

7 Likes

Cool, we almost made the govariants site logo.

I think I’m done helping out in that area for now.

4 Likes

Nice placement. We are a lot more solid there now.

3 Likes

Round 6

7 Likes

@Jon_Ko s black_magenta move from Round 5 turns out to be a clever diversion, distracting two players of team White from the fight in the lower-left. @mafidufa white_green moves towards the corner but is confronted with all players of team Black working together to seal in this group.
White is now faced with a dangerous situation, as two eyes are not enough to live in this variant.

6 Likes