Parallel Fractional Go Game 4

Anybody here watch/read Three Body Problem?
This feels a little like a wallfacer situation :brain:

3 Likes

Round 12

Game link

On the lower side @Feijoa

and @Gooplet cut each other, creating a tense situation.

In the center @Jon_Ko

attaches to team blacks Tengen.

In the top right @benjito

jumps towards the center. Close by @A_Normal_Name and @fuseki3 collide with each other.

In the top left @yebellz

connects and threatens to cut white. Meanwhile @martin3141 blocks in the centre, working towards connecting.

6 Likes

Hmmmm I think I made a mistake on the bottom side. Anybody wanna give a helping capturing hand? :joy:

2 Likes

I would like to, but I feel like our position in the top left is also quite unstable / urgent.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessary this turn. Your obvious move is to extend your stone in atari (I wonder, if it is even so obvious, that you could get away with not playing it, but I think black can always just take the collision as worst case).

1 Like

Reminder @benjito @Feijoa @yebellz @fuseki3 @Jon_Ko @Gooplet @A_Normal_Name

1 Like

Round 13

Game Link

In the top left @yebellz

plays at whites cutting point, but collides with @A_Normal_Name who connects. @martin3141 tries to connect, and @fuseki3 bumps into white, perhaps eyeing the cut.

To their right, @benjito

ensures connection with a tigers mouth, while @Jon_Ko continues pushing against Tengen.

On the lower side @Gooplet

pulls out their stone, but is put in check by @Feijoa playing Atari once more.

5 Likes

What do connections even look like in this variant? It almost seems like the only true connection is a solid one (“virtual connections” like cosumi and bamboo joint can be broken in one round, right?)

2 Likes

True, so “ensure” is perhaps not a good way to describe it. I just felt like that may have been the intent behind the move :slight_smile:

Still I think here apply similar principles like in normal go, e.g. loose connections are easier / less dangerous to attempt to cut.

2 Likes

Haha, true this was my intent. I guess I am thinking out loud… “would I be better off playing something in the gap instead?”

But yeah, I think this is right - at the least, exploiting this weakness would require coordination from the other team

2 Likes

@A_Normal_Name I’m going to connect our cutting point in the center.

2 Likes

@Gooplet, I see the problem now, l’ll connect your stone, so you can focus on cutting.

4 Likes

Which point are you talking about, f14 or m16?

1 Like

1 Like

Round 14

Game Link

On the lower side @Gooplet

and @Jon_Ko collide, both connecting the endangered stone. Meanwhile @Feijoa changes directions by wedging into the lower left.

In the top left both @martin3141

and @yebellz connect a cutting point.

In the center @fuseki3

counters with a cross cut.

In the top right @A_Normal_Name

strengthens whites connection, while @benjito jumps towards the right. This move may be both a shoulder hit and a kosumi at the same time.

4 Likes

Reminder @benjito @Feijoa @yebellz @fuseki3 @Jon_Ko @Gooplet @A_Normal_Name

5 Likes

Round 15

Game link

@Feijoa

continues wedging into the lower side. Meanwhile @Gooplet shortens their center stones’ liberties.

In the center @Jon_Ko

reacts with an Atari, and @martin3141 blocks at the left.

@benjito

and @fuseki3 move into and block the right side.

In the upper left @A_Normal_Name

and @yebellz collide at whites cutting point.

5 Likes

Reminder @benjito @Feijoa @yebellz @fuseki3 @Jon_Ko @Gooplet @A_Normal_Name

4 Likes

The game advanced, and I am very surprised.
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Uhh is this right?

Screenshot_20241123_084920_Chrome

3 Likes