Petition to get more likes per day

Let’s be honest, there’s no precedent for everyone spending so much time online (and on OGS forums specifically), what are we supposed to do if not post and like posts?
Can’t we get a more lenient like policy?

Is it important to you, forum frequenter (sic) to have more likes per day?

• Yes
    • No

0 voters

5 Likes

Maybe just read topics?

4 Likes

Not really. I think it’s about spending time sharing ideas but a little like could help.

4 Likes

Why do you think I run out of likes everyday? I think of liking as a way of saying I read it or acknowledging something that was posted. I don’t have a reply for every post, but I would like to be able to acknowledge more posts(well maybe part of the problem is that I feel satisfied when I like enough people and I feel impatient when I am out of likes)

Edit: here is an example. I have no likes for 52 minutes. I feel impatient because I keep forgetting and want to like more stuff. I also feel good that I used up all those likes because then others are happy that their posts are liked.

5 Likes

Running out of likes in the meme thread feels like having baked cookies for only half the kids.

7 Likes

Dear Regulars, you have 100 likes per 24 hours.

Long topics have a Summarize this Topic button. As far as I understand it, it hides post with less than 3 likes (good posts). If likes are used as read status indicator, this feature is really useless.

12 Likes

Metaphors again? Well I like metaphors besides the ones that are confusing like the life/go ones. Now here is the point I am making.
How is that for a whole half the kids. There are plenty of other posts(although I don’t blame you, some I don’t really read as much and don’t usually like). Typically I get the notice on some completely random topic.
Also @Gia, even though you get more likes per day then me, I still feel the need to compete with you. I kind of got in my head from someone that it is a competition who likes people the most(well and all of that other stuff, but we are not going to talk about how bad I am doing in the other categories)

3 Likes

I think I saw somewhere regulars get 50. If it’s indeed 100 then maaaybe I need some restraint.

2 Likes

I usually only like posts that I like. That is, posts that I feel stand out because they are so likeable, ergo those comments that I deem particularly likesome. Those other comments, I don’t necessarily dislike them, I just don’t feel they stand out enough in their likefulness.

14 Likes

Maybe it’s because I have zero SNS accounts and I feel the need to like, like the normal people. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For me it is just because I am bored and I don’t know why but doing that makes me feel less bored. I like to acknowledge, and sometimes I am just acknowledging that I read it, and sometimes I like it because in my opinion it needs to be liked and acknowledged for that. Also after looking at flovo’s post

I feel that I am just taking up space on this topic and I will try and leave(no promises though).

1 Like

Play a game, perhaps?

Or … you could bake some cookies and send them to my address <plink plink> :relaxed:

9 Likes

What type of cookies would you recommend making? I don’t want to always make chocolate chip cookies because then there is no variety. Also last time I made cookies that weren’t chocolate chip, I did something wrong with the salt and you could tell. The only other cookies I remember being made in my house are these cookies that I didn’t make, but were really hard and I would break in half to eat.

1 Like

I think I saw somewhere regulars get 50. If it’s indeed 100 then maaaybe I need some restraint.

Consider the limit then as an intervention :stuck_out_tongue:

@trohde

Or … you could bake some cookies and send them to my address <plink plink>

You forgot to add that OGS browser cookies to your IP adress do NOT count. Only physical, tangible, three dimensional, properly baked cookies fit for human consumption should be sent (you’d be suprised how many people like to poke holes at people’s wishes :stuck_out_tongue: - there was a forum game like that in another forum named “corrupt wishes” where someone would wish something and then the next poster had to corrupt the wish of the previous poster and add one wish of his own. Quite fun and sharp game.)

7 Likes

I couldn’t ship cookies now anyways. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Although I plan baking some tomorrow, maybe with coconut, maybe with chocolate, maybe with walnuts. We’ll see.

7 Likes

CocoaCoconutNut biscuits? Sounds about right for lockdown baking!

4 Likes

I personally just forget to favorite things.

I didn’t even know there was a restriction until today. Honestly I feel that 100 is fine but if you want to bump that up I ain’t complaining. It’s not like it’s going to magically reward the user with special admin powers.

6 Likes

Maybe if we add more likes you can hide posts with four or less likes

1 Like

Or… you could… like… not excessively like posts? There are topics that have only one or two posts with 4+ likes. This 3 number was probably chosen for a reason, and I don’t see why it would change just so you could feel justified in your over-liking. Looking at your history, just today, you’ve read 121 posts and liked 63. This means that you “like” over half the posts, and it makes it seem like you don’t really think of likes as something with value, just like, they’re expendable, and not sincere.

7 Likes

I will never understand why people on this forum think that casual stalking counts as an argument. inb4, public record doesn’t mean you should be scrutinizing it.

No, that’s just your take. I don’t need your validation over what I like. I understand you have become bitter lately over Go and OGS, but digging up a month-old thread just to put in some jabs, it’s not a good look.

4 Likes