Pictures From Home

why did he post this here?

… because @trohde’s walk in the forest sequence reminded me of this song, and esp this scene

Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same, The Rain Song Blu-Ray Movie - YouTube

5 Likes

Nice fungi images! Consider posting them to https://www.inaturalist.org/ if you still remember the locations where you took them (or if the images are geotagged).

1 Like

Thanks, done … when checking it out, I realised that—LOL—I already had the app on my PORTABLE ELECTRO THINGIE. Wasn’t really surprised though :grin:

1 Like

Jupiter at one o’clock (and a few minutes)
(The time, however, was 23:40 CEST :wink: )

15 Likes

It’s the same sign but prettier because it fits triangle shape more. Plus probably more visible for the same effort since it’s a little bigger at an angle like that.

It’s been raining over here so the toxic pit is now a puddle.

8 Likes

Yes, it’s quite amazing how large they can become, when not confined by an artificial habitat in captivity, especially in this environment where they lack natural predators. In fact, I believe they are considered an invasive species in this part of the world.

7 Likes

I walked across a bridge this morning that I don’t usually cross (these days), so I took a few pictures.

17 Likes

It cracks me up that you have a location called “the toxic pit”. And it’s picturesque!

1 Like

Suddenly I am reminded of Andrei Tarkovsky’s film “Stalker” …

4 Likes

I adore that movie and Tarkovski’s other works!!! Solaris, Mirror, Andrej Rubliev, masterpiece after masterpiece :black_heart: :white_heart:

Roadside Picnic is one of my five favorite SF novels. I have read it three times. However, Stalker hardly resembles the book at all, and has very few of its qualities; its one virtue for me was the cinematic beauty of it.

I do like Tarkovsky’s adaptation of Solaris. It may even be better than the book, which I read some 40 years ago.

2 Likes

A nice li’l visitor sat right by the door, probably what we call “Teichfrosch” in Germany, “Edible Frog” in English :nauseated_face:

It is used for food, particularly in France for the delicacy frog legs.

Terrible … I did eat body parts and “products” of my animal cousins for many years but I’ve quit that sh!t a few years ago.

Pelophylax kl. esculentus is the fertile hybrid of the pool frog (Pelophylax lessonae ) and the marsh frog (Pelophylax ridibundus ).

And a few cloud images, because I find them fascinating:

15 Likes

More shrooms:

GoldröhrlingGreville’s bolete or Larch bolete – edible

Schopf-TintlingShaggy ink cap, Lawyer’s wig, or Shaggy mane - edibility: choice (when young and the gills are not yet turning black!)

16 Likes

Oh man, we are longing for frogs in our pond :slight_smile:

Everything we read tells us

• Do NOT take frogs from their natural environment
  • Build it (a pond) and they will come.

… but it’s taking too long :smiley: The darn creek, a couple of kms away, is resounding with frog calls, but none come to visit us yet :sob:

6 Likes

It seems a long trip for a frog!

3 Likes

Maybe make a series of ponds along the way :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

This doesn’t look like citrus fruit.
:thinking:

13 Likes

Yes!!!

2 Likes

I think that might be a wasp nest. Better get it looked at :thinking:

2 Likes