Pictures From Home

I thought it might be interesting if people on this site posted a picture or two of where they live. This is basically a “Here’s My Digs” thread.
Here’s pictures from behind the house I took this morning (In Ohio). These are from the back patio.

20 Likes

Love the woods. Some examples of players’ homes (interior and exterior) appear in the thread about playing go IRL (Playing Go IRL pictures).

1 Like

Forest, snow, sloping land… you’ve got a pretty Japanese landscape there. Do you get magical taisha powers from it?

2 Likes

No. When the magical Taisha powers arrived, Fed-Ex left them in a box by the front door and somebody stole the box. Now my version of Taisha Joseki looks more like stale bean curd (Taisha Furui Tofu).

6 Likes

Another go player from Ohio? I was beginning to think I was the only one!

I think we may be the only two. Unlike Michigan, I have yet to encounter someone in my town who’s even HEARD of GO. Too many Buckeyes.
I’m in Defiance.

1 Like

Here’s what greeted us Sunday Morning:

10 Likes

Various creatures on my shed roof…

2170883903_0f4a88b568_o

19 Likes

a room with a view, after-summer period :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Tree nearby…

22 Likes

Love your tree photo! I’m a connoisseur of weird trees, and saw quite a few in my avid hiking days. Yours is one of the best!

It’s a Go eye tree!
All in the eye of the beholder :slight_smile:
Vondelpark, Amsterdam

5 Likes

Love those pictures.

1 Like

Some more in the same vein…

31829571031_9b2581316d_z

14 Likes

In my mountains, a few walking hours from home

How to get there : https://mercantour.info/topo/pointe_escreins.html
The guys on the foreground are impressive, but rather peaceful https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_ibex

20 Likes

Omote, that is a stunning view. You must truly feel the age of the Earth standing on ground like that.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mogadeet. Not sure what you mean by “feel the age of the Earth”. Is it “feel how old the Earth is” or “feel as old as the Earth is”? But in either case, the answer is “yes”! And what is sure, you feel the age of your body :sweat:

3 Likes

Climbing in mountains like that would be a good way for this old body of mine to meet its maker! :scream_cat:

Looking at those mountains makes me think of the feeling I get when I go to the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, and that is a feeling of the immense age of the earth. In my head I know the Smokies predates the Permian Extinction, but when I stand among the rocks and see the mountains spread out before me the knowledge of that great span of time enters my very soul. It is humbling.

2 Likes

Are those your kids, GreenAsJade?

Wife, son, daughter, left to right :slight_smile: (Or did you mean the ones in the tree :smiley: :smiley: )

3 Likes