Pictures From Home

You have a good-looking family.

2 Likes

Those mountains of mine are in Southern Alps. The view point is the Pointe d’Escreins (3,038 m) and the view is taken towards NW. At the top left of the image the snow and glaciers mark the core of the Massif des Ecrins with the southernmost summits over 4,000 m in the Alps. In between lies the valley of the Durance river. The core Ecrins are solid granite and gneiss, but the part where this image is taken is a geological turmoil, layers of all ages dislocated by the upheaval of Alps formation (still work in progress, Africa pushing from under).
If you are into geology, you can have a look at this page (in French, but the maps and drawings will give you an idea of the turmoil). http://www.geol-alp.com/h_ubaye/pages_escreins/escreins_val.html

2 Likes

Turmoil is the word! There’s been massive forces working on that. And that huge undersea landslide must have caused a terrific tsunami. Unlike the Great Smoky Mountains, you’re in a very geologically active area. I know there are many earthquakes in that area and some active vulcanism.
Thank goodness for “Translate this page.” My brief foray into French during High School is optimistically viewed as a most miserable failure.

1 Like

Good morning!
(There’s a little friend at the bottom, may have to extend the pic)

My street

On my way to the market

17 Likes

Wow. Thank you.

Wow :open_mouth: looks like a beautiful place!

This was a great thread! It also has one of my first ever replies, I think :3

Please don’t lock it .__.

7 Likes

This is generally not my style, but here goes anyways. I have not updated this blog in years, not for a lack of photos/adventures… I just get sort of non-commital when it comes to these kind of things.

Maybe this is a good time to refresh it. (Home is near the Rocky Mountains Front Range, two hours or so north of Denver).

7 Likes

Nice topic with awesome pictures :slight_smile:

Mine are not so great, though the whole place is very nice, but this is the best I got. I took it from a road 30 minutes away:

16 Likes

Awesome - where is it?

Awesome - where is it?

In Greece, here: Google Maps

Google’s take is also nice. Here it is on another day. I am fairly certain that I was standing on that alcove both times … I really need to get back up there again :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I made a walk this morning around sunrise, recording bird songs:

other location

13 Likes

That’s such a wholesome activity :3

3 Likes

The sun reflecting gold off of the wheat, my favorite.

1 Like

This morning, while our dog was using the potty. My (rental) back yard disappoints me, but the snow does not. The neighbor’s yard I’m across the street from, though… They’re always working hard at it.

And yesterday afternoon, trying to soak in some rays and relax after work. (I have not had to work since last Thurs., but my partner is a dept. mgr in a grocery store and she ain’t had no respite).

12 Likes

Lookin’ good! And so is your human friend.

2 Likes

I went again even earlier this morning, thought I would please @You_Know_Me with these:

19 Likes

Reminds me of this one I took from my beloved L.H.I. Not actually my home (sigh) but they say home is where the heart is.

13 Likes

Much obliged. We’re going to go for a walk near home today. I’ll share when I can.

We did not go for a walk… but I’ll still share when I can.

1 Like

Those are beautiful! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes