Pictures From Home

Home-offices

18 Likes

whoah, that’s an amazing floor!

2 Likes

I gave a like for the movie reference, as I am a big fan of old movies. Look on the bright side, at least you’re not living next to a murderer (as far as you know).

@Eugene: what a beautiful, uncluttered office. So different from mine.

1 Like

Is it this game: https://online-go.com/game/22258143?

Now we know where Eugene’s focus is. :smiley: and rightly so.

1 Like

Uncluttered: I think you didn’t zoom in to take an actual look :smiley:

1 Like

I was more distracted by the train on the left actually :smiley:

4 Likes

I was looking for something else today and found my old computer’s landscape folder in a backup so I have some more nice pics :slight_smile:

A sunset in a nearby seaside village (during the winter):

On the same village the sun sets elsewhere in the summer:

A small church in the middle of the nearby woods that has a fair once per year (and they give out free food cooked on site in large cauldrons. yummy :slight_smile: )

One cannot have too many nearby villages with beaches. Another one, but the sun is gone :

Finally found a picture of my own town (you can see it in the distance)

And here are the fields right beside the town:

The beach near my town (20 minutes by bicycle) during winter:

This is at the edge of our municipality so it still counts :stuck_out_tongue:

incoming ferry to the nearby town!

and long after the ferry arrives, the sun waves goodbye as well:

A church in that town:

18 Likes

Maybe this is the next geo-guesser challenge :smiley:

The answer has been spoiled already :stuck_out_tongue:

But I must say that the same thought popped in my head too

4 Likes

Maybe this is the next geo-guesser challenge

In half of them, even I wouldn’t be able to tell from which place they were taken exactly :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll roll to that thread and put another image of a more “touristic” place and see what happens, but I am fairly certain that even natives couldn’t locate most places, excluding the totally iconic ones ( the acropolis, Santorini, Knossos, Rhodos and maybe Corfu ).

3 Likes

On a walk in the woods

15 Likes

“play” room…

15 Likes

top tier rug c:

True story: I found that green rug rolled up in a tree up our street…

3 Likes

Are those red rectangles there to change the acoustics of the room? Are they effective without more of the walls and ceiling being covered?

1 Like

It’s not my room, but I expect yes

It depends on the other walls, but the main thing you want is to scatter the sound, especially if there are two parallel walls straight opposite of each other. A slanted ceiling already works great.Of course it also depends on the position of your ears / microphones if it really works

My experience is that covering one of the walls is often plenty enough.

3 Likes

Yes, they are extremely effective. They contain high quality sound-proofing material (the same that the walls are lined with) and are spaced from the wall and ceiling at the right distance to strategically absorb sound.

Without them (and furniture) in there, the room rings like a bell - you can count seconds after you clap still hearing the echos.

Here’s another view, with the room rather emptier

(Note that their purpose, like egg cartons and other things you see people use, is not to stop the sound getting out: they don’t do much of that, it’s just to stop ringing inside. The soundproofing is heavy duty walls and lining. FWIW it is 20db quieter standing out side. I’m sure you wanted to know that :smiley: ).

8 Likes

No body inside?

I thought the red rectangles were padding for when all the escapers make you feel like “bouncing off the walls.”

3 Likes

Interesting you say that - it brought up an early childhood memory! I have a scar over my right eye (just noticeable in my eyebrow) where our pet cat lashed out at me after I rolled it up in a rug :open_mouth: I can’t have been more that 3 or 4 yo at the time. That tells you what kind of person I might be :open_mouth:

But we digress! Let’s return to gorgeous photos of home!

2 Likes

I prefer to think it keeps his soul from floating up to heaven after too much modding.