Pictures From Home

Wow, @yebellz, that looks quite like a bog just ~12 km away from my place, the “Pietzmoor” (Pietz bog). But of course I know there are many such places. But IF you’re anywhere close, then I’d definitely like to meet you when things have gotten a bit better—and we both have HAZMAT suits.

5 Likes

I live in the Greater Boston area in the northeast USA. It’s comforting to find that natural scenes all around the world can feel as familiar as home.

I’ve been to Germany before, and would love to visit there again. Hopefully, we can meet someday, when things have gotten better and we’ll no longer need hazmat suits.

2 Likes

We moved back to my hometown of Battle Creek, Michigan, and have bought a Condo here. These outdoor pictures were taken today (April 17, 2020). That’s my front door, garage door, and my Jeep.

And another picture of the area of the Condo. It’s very quiet (we’re right to the back).

10 Likes

And, of course, my pets. Wally and Heidi. Wally’s on the right, Heidi is on the Left.

14 Likes

People say that large cities have many amenities, but villages have this :

I just returned from that place and it is 5 minutes away by car, so, as far as I am concerned, villages win :stuck_out_tongue:

20 Likes

Does it count if it’s “pictures from (close to my) home(town)”?

(If I had a better picture of the last one, it would be a fun entry for the geolocation thread, but unfortunately I don’t.)

22 Likes

Here is a pic from when I went on a walk. There is a V in the clouds which is cool.

16 Likes

When it comes to Pindos I’m always reminded of this line by O. Elytis:

μνήμη του λάου μου σε λενε Πίνδος, σε λένε Ἄθος.

No idea what the entire poem is about, but Theodorakis made a great music out of it.

1 Like

Ok I am taking a picture of my fan as it is in my house.

6 Likes

I didn’t even recognize Άξιον Εστί, I had to google it :flushed:. In my defense, I’m not much of a poetry person.

Me neither, actually, but my high school choir sung it in a concert in Geneva. In the front row, there were some old partisans singing along.

1 Like

This is a photo from 2011 (iirc), it’s the Temple of Olympian Zeus in Athens and Acropolis in the background.
To @Sanonius, for knowing who Elytis and Theodorakis are. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ah yes, ναοί στο σχῆμα του οὐρανοῦ.

1 Like

Wanna see my desktop wallpaper?

8 Likes

This is not technically at home but it is the nicest place on earth.

3 Likes

A local photographer took this one yesterday from a nearby village called Milies (it means “Apple trees”) and I really like the view (I have been a lot of times near that village, but have never actually been up there)

You can see his other photographs here:

He has a lot of free time, so he likes to go to many wonderful places around here :slight_smile:
9 Likes

Finally made it out of the house with no incidents.
All photos from various spots here https://www.snfcc.org/, photos are not the best but I wasn’t feeling my inner photographer today. :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

I like your pictures.

At least you have one. :wink: I definitely don’t. :flushed:

4 Likes

Some nice photos of Massachusetts, where I am from

5 Likes

Artistic license, it can’t be that beautiful.