Pictures From Home

Very nice things after the snow … the sky has been so clear that you can see four mountains behind in the distance:

Full photo:

And the daisies were out in full force, even though it is February:

Those were from today … yesterday it was also a great day and things looked like this when I went to a nearby town and village for some obligation:

and a 14 second video of the seafront:

10 Likes

Thought this was cute:

12 Likes

There was a discussion of this book-exchange phenomenon in another thread a year or two ago, but I don’t remember which thread.

3 Likes

Got it!

4 Likes

I visited a patriotic rally. Not the Moscow cool one. Regional one. You can try and imagine how do you think it looked like and check how much your imagination of it matches reality.

Take your bets

I also took a picture of the football field. Isn’t it beautiful.

It was guarded by a vicious dog.

Duck.

11 Likes

Just some clouds

Orion

Cassiopeia

Jupiter (left, I think) and Venus (right, I think)

13 Likes

If the naming is correct, the labels are too. Venus is the brightest object in the sky after Sol and the moon.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Jasper and I had a long-ish walk again today … but it might have been a little too much for the poor old guy—the last ~500 meters he always stayed one step behind me instead of pulling on the leash. But heck, it was HE who initially pulled me in that direction … maybe I should really get a a little handcart or rickshaw for him …

Anyway, today, this ((and sry 4 the jerky movements & abrupt end):

Cranes, and MANY of them.
… after that, they circled over some moist pastures perhaps 500–800 meters to the South-East, and we moved away, with trees between us and them, so I don’t know whether they landed there to rest or flew further on.

10 Likes

My favorite tree in the world is waking up from its winter sleep :slight_smile:

and what fine days it is finding while it is blinking its drowsiness away:

10 Likes

Makes one think of “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother” lyrics…

The road is long
With many a winding turn a kind of a slight bend I suppose

4 Likes

Thanks.

I cannot not share this here now:

This is one of my all-time favourite songs—even though, or because?—it always makes me cry.

3 Likes

I can maybe understand people who do horrible things so they can live in spacious, sunny castles with great views.

I will never understand the people who do horrible things to enjoy caviar and satin in bunkers.

6 Likes

It’s spring. People’s yards are flooded from melted snow. And ducks live in flooded yards, isn’t that cool?

Also, bullfinch.

13 Likes

With the permission /

promission to come with better pics…

2 Likes

11 Likes

This time pictures are quite literally from home. Today we, well, not me specifically, put a drink to cool for a bit in a freezer. In a glass bottle.

- Wait a minute, how did this happen? We’re smarter than this.
- Apparently not.

Tiny!

7 Likes

Scary!

3 Likes

April day … it had rained and been sunshiny in succession perhaps a dozen times … I took a long-ish walk with Jasper … on the shorter leg of the walk, we were heading back home, it began to rain, not much actually, we were not soaked, just a little wet superficially, wasn’t even bad enough to be annoyed.

And then I looked back

Can you see that it is a double rainbow?

Just before it vanished, I zoomed into it:

And then, almost home, I saw this and needed to find out what it is:

Blut-Johannisbeere” (DE Wiki; transl. “Blood Currant”), Ribes sanguineum, English names are flowering currant, redflower currant, red-flowering currant, or red currant (EN Wiki).

19 Likes

Wonderful photos. Although the double rainbow is faint, it is visible from side to side, which is rare, I think. Most of the ones I have seen are only partial.

4 Likes