Pictures From Home

Defend the wall! Defend the wall! Nuh, the wall will defend your territory! (From another town…not mine)

6 Likes

Wait, white getting handicap stones???

6 Likes
Dun...

DUN...

DUN!!!

11 Likes

Go problem: Assuming that you can color some of them in black, which you would fix as until you win!

2 Likes

Walked the dog in the park across the street—and then I had the idea of using the “panorama” function a little differently:

(note the bottom right corner :smiley: )

Gonna try this again next time we’re out of the village, where there’s more horizon.

11 Likes

Always look over the wall, the invasion opportunities will appear…

2 Likes

11 Likes

Pigeon: Quick! Pretend you know me, I’m being followed!

7 Likes

The inner rainbow had a faint reflection of itself on the inner side, almost as wide as the rainbow itself … the camera didn’t capture that.

Was one of the brightest, most brillant rainbows I‘ve seen (though it may have been b/c of the comparatively dark background).

And if you ever watched that “double rainbow guy” on YouTube, you get an idea of how I … uhm … you know what I mean (but in German). If not, then search for “double rainbow guy” on YouTube :smiley:

11 Likes

Something different, from Bad Fallingbostel (“Bad” means spa :wink: ), a town ~35 km away from my place: an old cigarette automat turned into an art automat:

I really liked that … but didn’t have 4 € in coins. Later I asked an artist friend about this, and it turned out that she had once considered working with them but in her opinion their conditions (copyright etc.) were too restrictive.

6 Likes

If you like art, you can check this

3 Likes

I would really die away from the Greek sun.

(not shown: 38C)

8 Likes

Today there was no wind and the sea was flat in the morning, like a mirror. In these cases the small fish that live in these parts like to get closer to the shore and if you stirr the sand they arrive to eat what was hidden inside and thus you have a small personal aquarium.

This day was special though since I had never seen so many of them and I even saw a couple that were actually large and sluggish. I even saw a crab skittering in the sand, which I had never seen in 30+ years I’ve been going there.

So, I thought I’d try and take a video:

they were very fun to watch, especially around 0:51 they go full feeding frenzy like small sharks :melting_face:

Some photos from a few days ago, since I connected the phone to the computer (the three first look like things were today - the other two are from two places a few kilometers away):

10 Likes

THE SPOT (also 37-38 Celsius)

15 Likes

hammerbarn
If you know, you know :heart:

1 Like

Boston :sailboat:

12 Likes

How warm is the water in summer?

3 Likes

In the Charles River, it’s probably warm enough to swim comfortably, but that is not a popular option, given concerns about pollution and sometimes harmful algae blooms.

4 Likes

From this morning, especially for @trohde who likes clouds :slight_smile: (I like the patchy shadows on the mountains, made by the clouds)

11 Likes

11 Likes