Pictures From Home

Thank you for asking :slight_smile: Everything is fine now, though at night the air still smells of burned pines and we have to close the windows.
The mountains look like this now:

13 Likes

Apparently Zeus himself had to visit his old digs to bring us the Rain.

12 Likes
Cookie

I realized that it’s a bit of an obscure reference, so some clarification:

Those are Epirus mountains, Dodoni or thereabouts. Dodoni was the oldest Oracle of Zeus (Dias) and, according to some sources, of earlier matriarchal deities before Zeus came to power, Gaia and/ or Dioni (same etymology as Dias).

So, those mountains are, in a sense, Zeus’ old digs, older than Olympus.

12 Likes

6 Likes

14 Likes

7 Likes

Food for geoguessers!!! :smiley:

7 Likes

Not so easy. I assume it is in Romania (because of the van), but I don’t know how to find this building. Maybe it’s just not special enough. :wink:

4 Likes

We flew a drone in the summer … we didn’t really know how to, but some of the footage was nice.

11 Likes

And a few more from the inland part, right on the edge where the forest fire stopped:

10 Likes

Going out today riding a rented electric bike

18 Likes

Yannena fogs

14 Likes

@groin That little bridge is so beautiful :slight_smile:

@gia Those pink houses seem so eerily familiar. Probably passed by them on a local bus, while half asleep. They are definitely not on the university route though, but I did once got on the wrong bus towards some of the suburbs. Such an odd feeling.

9 Likes

Nyu Jie. Small hot spring town.

I went to the local bath house (not the ones for tourists)

12 Likes

That seems very lovely :slight_smile: , but can I inquire what the second to last picture is? I cannot seem to figure it out.

3 Likes

Sun on water

3 Likes

THE WALL…

10 Likes

Are they old or cultivated?

1 Like

I’m afraid that they are just “cultivated”. :slightly_smiling_face:

They are impressive anyway.
It’s nice to have a forest like this with a really walkable path in it.

2 Likes