Place to share relaxing and thought-provoking videos

1 Like
1 Like

$350,000,000 for a game that’s not even out… think what else could be done with that money.

eg. that’s 700,000 top-quality Go sets.

tl;dr:

no. thing
1 blockchain
2 Star Citizen
3–5 blockchain
6 blockchain phone
7–9 blockchain
10 three-wheeled vehicle
11–14 blockchain
15 solar-powered vehicle
16–20 blockchain
21 religious TV series
22 laser cutter
23 blockchain
24 US–Mexico wall
25 blockchain
26 smartwatch
27 Prison Architect game
28–34 blockchain
35 computer cooler
36 beehive
37 Frosthaven TTRPG
38 Ubuntu smartphone
39 Shroud of the Avatar TTRPG
41 Kingdom Death TTRPG
43 Vox Machina TTRPG
45 travel jacket
46 smartwatch
47 TTRPG table
48 Exploding Kittens card game
49 blockchain
50 Ouya games console (widely mocked)
1 Like

[The Fidget Cube] has fidget tools on all sides: a switch, gears, a rolling ball (marble), a joystick, a spinning disk, a worry stone, and five buttons.

This bit of plastic tat got $6,000,000 in funding.

Some “interesting” things on this list…

#97 Axent Wear Cat Ear Headphones ($3,000,000)

What is “blockchain”?

At the level of rustics like you and me, blockchain is “the thing that makes crytocurrency work”.

I don’t understand it better than that, which is a bit worrying given how much money is clearly invested.

It has a lot of do with encrypted data storage.

1 Like

Emmy’s main channel is (ofc) cooking, but this one was for her beekeeping vlogs (2017–19).

I haven’t watched anything there yet, so here is her latest video as a sample:

Not a video, but I’m sure @bugcat will love this:
https://orbis.stanford.edu/

2 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

colourful fish

matcha sweets

From the Kyoto Candy Factory

1 Like

From Modern History TV, the channel of Jason Kingsley OBE.

It’s the best channel I’ve found for the discussion of medieval military culture.

For medieval cookery, I recommend Tasting History with Max Miller and Historical Italian Cooking to start with, both channels I’ve discussed in the cooking videos thread.

For medieval language, Jackson Crawford is your best guide, especially for Germanic languages.

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

I just watched this and enjoyed it so much, and felt I missed so much on the first viewing, that I’m going to watch it again.

It might be the most interesting video under ten minutes that I’ve seen this year.

And it was only a random pick from the channel, Natural World Facts!

1 Like

The Penrose interview has sadly been made private.

It seems that Joe Rogan had to take all his full-length interviews down from public youtube following the implementation of his contract with Spotify.

Alex’s video Place to share relaxing and thought-provoking videos - #22 by DVbS78rkR7NVe has been removed; here is the (probable) original to replace it:

Conrad’s video Place to share relaxing and thought-provoking videos - #32 by Conrad_Melville about Roger Scruton has gone.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. Here is a new link for Roger Scruton’s Why Beauty Matters. The video runs about an hour. It is a very thought-provoking and beautiful work.

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been watching old emmymade videos, since her channel’s over a decade old.

I wish she hadn’t assimilated to the mega-youtuber meta of SHOUTY capslocked THUMBNAILS and long video-start sponsorshills, but such is life. I still enjoy her videos.

Whereas she now mainly posts cooking videos, with a few fruit reviews, her initial content was largely about Japanese sweets.

Here she shows some Japanese vending machines, usually serving drinks.

3 Likes