Players who disappear when behind

Allow me to clarify as I believe you may have misunderstood me…

I believe this to be correct. I have never seen evidence to the contrary.

Nonetheless, If you have a site overall ranking of 22k, you still have the option of setting up even games against 25k opponents using “Custom Challenge”. eg:

For ranked games, there is a limit of 9k difference in even games but this will work for anyone up to 16k.

The Quickmatch Finder settings aren’t as flexible as I thought. The best you can do is set them to no-handicap and seek a game from 25k up to your own ranking. ie. 25k-22k.

Note also that the different ratings on your Profile page/Rating Chart are not comparable to each other. For example, the only thing you can legitimately use your ‘Live 9x9’ rating for is comparing it to someone else’s ‘Live 9x9’ rating. You can’t meaningfully compare it to your ‘Live 19x19’ rating or a correspondence rating because these are derived from different pools of players/results.

I also have a higher 9x9 rating but my experiences suggest that you will quickly adapt enough to 19x19 to make the difference negligible, especially in DDK land. Multiple accounts can cause headaches in a variety of ways, especially if you use forums too.

4 Likes