Playing a Forum Game: "Werewolf" (aka "Mafia")

How about a Random or Rotating seer?
This would be to give all of the villagers the possibility of sometimes having a night action.

Random Seer: Each night, a villager is randomly selected to be the seer, and get the use the seer power. If the appointed seer is killed that night, no more seer power for the rest of the game.

Rotating Seer: The seer is randomly appointed for night 0. When the seer investigates someone, they are told whether or not their selection is a vampire/werewolf or a villager. If the selection was a villager, then that person will be the seer for the next night.

1 Like

Option 3:

Elected Seer: During the day, the village votes for who gets to be the seer. The seer cannot be killed during the night phase.

3 Likes

That’s interesting, since it would elicit both public discussion about who should be seer and also who they should investigate. Then, they would also be obligated to reveal what they learned on the next day. This would build a whole web of information to analyze in order to track down possible wolves/vamps.

3 Likes

Especially fun, since the vampires might convert the seer during the night

3 Likes

One of the fun parts for me as a werewolf was trying to figure out who the seer was so we could kill them. If the role of seer passes from person to person, I feel as though it would take too much pressure off of the seer regarding when the right time to reveal his/her identity is and which information is vital enough to share with the group.

That being said, I wouldn’t be against trying one of these variations out.

Edit: I obviously didn’t finish reading all of the posts before replying. I need to get better about that :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I fear the sign-up poll may have gotten buried. (couldn’t possibly be that people don’t want to play with us, right?)

4 Likes

Yes, I do think the sign-up poll was overlooked by a lot of people. I think it’s hard to catch new attention with a post so deep into a long thread. For recruiting additional signups, maybe we should start a new thread at some point?

In the meantime, let’s keep discussing possible rules and mechanics for the next game.

3 Likes

:+1: Definitely. :slight_smile:

I actually got a few people to take a look at this thread, but I guess nobody wanted to read all of it, and nobody wanted to register here only to play werewolf.
…at least it earned me a “nice share” badge. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m starting to develop an itch…

It’s hard to discuss what rules we we want to employ for the next game without knowing how many people we could possibly have, as that will have a significant impact.

3 Likes

Anyone wants to make something like this?

2 Likes

Anyone up for a game of werewolves or that cheating player variation?

2 Likes