Spontaneous call for new Werewolf game

Anyone interested for our next round respond by Sunday noon GMT (I will unashamedly extend this if we don’t have enough participants :woman_shrugging:).

Rules and relevant info here, or just ask. :slight_smile:

Previous offenders had fun, so we hope we have more victi---- uh, participants this time. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m in

1 Like

I volunteer as dungeon master village elder.

Here’s a link to the rules I proposed earlier. Probably it’s best if we agree on the exact rules when the player base is known (incidentally this will imply more polls on this forum).

4 Likes

I had fun watching the 1st one, and I’ve played one before live.

I mean, I guess there’s a lot you can do with Narrative, but losing face and body language is going to be tricky

I’ll have to type from work most of the time, but I’ll see if I can do more with less

I’m in

4 Likes

if there’s any thread that needs a poll… :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been dealing with a bit of stuff this week so it really depends on when we start and how I feel then, but I’ll give a tentative yes

5 Likes

I’m in!

(Thanks, Gia, for starting this new thread!) :+1:

2 Likes

Do you prefer Go-related polls, forum-related polls or other types of polls?

• YES

0 voters

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m in.

3 Likes

I’m in!

3 Likes

Idea: what if we changed the setting?

We could try new surroundings like:

• the Amazon rainforest
  • a First World War trench line
  • a Roman town
  • a dwarf fortress

And of course the characters and roleplay would alter in accordance.

3 Likes

I don’t really enjoy war themes, so one of the others would be my preference.

2 Likes

The setting is already different, we’re doing vampires

3 Likes

Well, I say Amazon rainforest but what would be even cooler would be the jungle of Papa New Guinea.

Enter:

• Witch doctors
  • Shamans
  • Evil spirits
  • Immense suspicion of outsiders
3 Likes

Can you declinate “roman town” in all cases in latin?

1 Like

With a dictionary, I can :wink:

Nom. sing. oppidum Rōmānum, pl. oppida Rōmāna
Acc. = Nom.
Gen. sing. oppidī Rōmānī, pl. oppidōrum Rōmānōrum
Dat. sing. oppidō Rōmānō, pl. oppidīs Rōmānīs
Abl. = Dat.
Voc. = Nom.

I don’t know if there’s an established Latin word for werewolf, but we can coin lūnavir from lūna (moon), vir (man) and give it the declension of vir. A female werewolf would be called a lūnavitrīx and use the third declension like other -trīx nouns.

So Lūnavir est in oppidum! (There is a werewolf in the town!)
Or we could change the stress: Lūnavir in oppidum est! (There is a werewolf in the town!)

Cool thing: the were in werewolf is thought to share a deep-rooted origin with Latin vir (v was pronounced as w in Classical Latin): both meant “man”. eg. weregild was a fine for killing a man.

2 Likes

@Gia, tū est lūnavitrīcem, nōnne?!

According, to Google translate, this is in Maori. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Hah, I guess all those letters are in Maori, right? The diacritics probably pose similarity.

2 Likes

Nonono, Lunavir is just horrible and lunavitrix is even worse :laughing:! Just because you anglos call a female a ‘wife-man’ > ‘wo-man’ is no reason do assume the same for latin. And latin doesn’t have the capability to make compound words like greek and germanic have. There’s a neo-greek word, lykanthropos (wolf-human) than can be latinised perfectly into Lycanthropus. Unlike octopus, it’s part of the o-declension…

Here, have some sources https://la.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycanthropus

I didn’t know about the word versipellis ‘pelt-changer’, I think it’s my favourite word now.

4 Likes