Please join me in welcoming 🐬 Sofiam 🐬 to the moderator team!

Please join me in welcoming :dolphin: Sofiam :dolphin: to the moderator team! Sofiam has been a wonderful member of the Go community for a long time now will make an excellent addition to the team.

44 Likes

Welcome @_Sofiam!

:dolphin: :balance_scale:

17 Likes
18 Likes

Welcome aboard!

8 Likes

Congratulations, @_Sofiam! If you are interested in doing something about sandbaggers, I have a standing offer. I can supply the names and IDs of something over 1,000 probable and possible alt sandbaggers. I never had time to investigate all of these, so I jotted them into my paper notebooks. I could send a few names at a time, as I have to type them.

6 Likes

Thanks to everyone :grin:

Thanks, I’d be happy to try :slight_smile: I’m pretty sure I am/should be on that list too though XD
If you think it’s faster, you can send me photos.

14 Likes

Congratulations Sofiam, enjoy your new powers :wink:

10 Likes

Will do.

3 Likes

Super!

3 Likes

Sofia means wisdom…

8 Likes

Sofia will make an excellent moderator!

On the issue of sandbaggers, what does that really mean on OGS? Sofia’s rank goes up and down a lot because she plays so much. New profiles often underestimate the rank of a player until they get enough games. Other than that kind of thing, I have a hard time imagining what sandbagging would look like here…?

4 Likes

Welcome Sofiam!

I hope you’ll enjoy your new colour :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Sofiam

Sandbagging means deliberately deflating your rank, for instance by resigning many “won” games, resigning at move 10, losing by time on purpose…

7 Likes

Congratulation

8 Likes

Welcome aboard, @_Sofiam, nice to have you in the team!

11 Likes

Warm welcome, Sofiam!
Girls with passion in Go are so cool.

3 Likes

Initially I had decided not to reply, but what one person wrote and the discussion here made me realise that being silent is wrong.
I thank you for welcoming me, but not for saying that girls who play go are cool (and I’m not a girl, I’m over 20, btw). I initially thought there was nothing wrong with that, but what you wrote to me privately after that changed my mind.

Please don’t have a different consideration for male and female players. It’s not what we want and it drives many of us away from the community.
Women and men are cool in the same way. And both can have fun playing go and leaving aside what their gender is.
I hope that I’ll be able to prove that I am cool regardless of my gender :wink:

29 Likes

Wrong tense :wink:

7 Likes

:eyes: should I ask?