Preferred settings

Not sure when this went live, but great QOL update.

Thanks!

11 Likes

Yes, I saw it earlier too, development is on fire lately!!

3 Likes

You can thank @HongAnhKhoa for that one!

8 Likes

What does QOL mean?

Quality of life

3 Likes

Whatā€™s that?
Where should I look to find them?

I also didnā€™t see it at first, I had to do some scrolling to see it on mobile.

On safari I needed to get rid of the bottom bar by scrolling :slight_smile:

It looks great :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks @honganhkhoa

6 Likes

Oh, itā€™s on the custom challenge modal!
I never ever go there! :grin:
Nice improvement though.

6 Likes

Tried to save my preferred settings for the 1st time, and it doesnā€™t ā€œaddā€ below what I had selected above.

Then I had to try out whether it uses my desired settings above when I click ā€œuseā€ or the ones shown below, and it really uses the wrongly saved ones.

2 Likes

Is it possible to add a translation?

I went to https://translate.online-go.com but the strings ā€œUseā€, ā€œAdd current settingā€ and ā€œPreferred settingsā€ were apparently not proposed.

4 Likes

For visibility, it always helps to put bug reports in the GitHub issue tracker.

2 Likes

Thanks, @benjito.

Fortunately it seems to work now, it does now save the settings I have set above, thus saving me from the hassle to do that.

1 Like

First of all, the addition of preferred time settings has been a huge time and headache saver for me, so thank you to the people who made it happen ā€” I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a post about the update here on the forums.

As an upgrade to this feature, I would like to suggest the ability to give names to each one. For example, I think I might be going overboard with this new feature, and itā€™s now very confusing and annoying to find which time setting refers to what purpose.

6 Likes

new bug: number of byo-yomi periods unable to save. When I choose other settings and then loading something with byo-yomi, periods line is empty:

bug above is dangerous

1 Like

@stone.defender What browser are you using?

chrome

1 Like

Iā€™m having a heck of a time reproducing that on any system, can you try holding down the shift key and reloading the page? (That should force refreshing everything to make sure everything is up to date).

I just logged in another browser (Opera) , chose other setting (9x9, fischer), then the one with 19x19 byo-yomi and got this:

changed empty to 2 , created, null x periods challenge appeared

1 Like

I canā€™t reproduce it ever being blank anymore.

Can you open up a javascript console and type in

ogs_version

and tell me what it prints out?