Professional accounts and games on OGS

I also found myself making such a list of pro players OGS names. There was times earlier when either there wasn’t an OGS banner linking to the second game in the European pro league and I found it quicker to just use the usernames of the pro to find the games.

The only one on my list that isn’t there yet is Michael Redmonds :slight_smile:

3 Likes

See, Illuminati confirmed.

I added spaceman and missing Euro League games in the tables.

5 Likes

@S_Alexander Great work - you are awesome :smiley:

Actually, pros also have ebooks on OGS :wink:

6 Likes

EDIT: Added some names from my memory and marked Ohashi as pro (did confirm with him in person) now.

Let me know if there are still accounts missing!

8 Likes

Well, that certainly looks like him, I’d say there is very little doubt that it’s his account.

Makes this game very suspicious, I guess. He calls it difficult in the video, and he’s playing against two handicap stones. Same with the next game. On the other hand, he doesn’t seem to be bothered by it in the slightest.

Also interesting, a 7k winning with 9 stones handicap

7 Likes

Well no matter if they are or aren’t, I want them to make it to #1 on the 9x9 ladder so I can say I challenged the number 1 spot(even though I am still 132 or so). They’ve already moved up 70 or so places since I challenged them(I challenged them on May 19th)

1 Like

I added Shibano Ryunosuke 2p who plays on OGS as spicyspyigo. I’m 99.9% sure because their Nihon-Kiin page links to the twitter account of spicyspyigo, but have not formally confirmed with them.

5 Likes

I find it reassuring that pros still play Go for fun, at least sometimes. If the idea of the game list is that they should all be serious, professional games, then yeah, maybe crazy games played for fun should be left off that list. It would also be a bit weird, verging on Go celebrity-stalking paparrazzi behaviour, to add all their games.

6 Likes

That explains the ease with which I got knocked off the 9x9 ladder. Thank you! I’m doing ok in the revenge match, however.

7 Likes

You mean this one (by 19)?

7 Likes

I may have miscounted slightly (I started counting in fives as the list was so long) but spicyspyigo seems to have close to 300 active correspondence games. I can see why @S_Alexander doesn’t want to add all their games to the pro games table :sweat_smile:.

6 Likes

UPDATE: After checking with Ohashi-sensei (spaceman), I have added professional accounts for Shibano Ryunosuke 2p and Ando Kazushige 5p. See the wiki above.

5 Likes

Did Ohashi-sensei say anything about the identity of spicyspyigo?

1 Like

I think we already figured that out, but he would like a separate pro account (hence the other one).

Spicyspyigo might well be the most well-known private account on OGS :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

99.99% for that.Actually he joined many tournaments so I don’t think it is exactly private.

1 Like

Added flags now…Note that the flags don’t necessarily represent where they live now or where their professional rank is associated with.

Find the spaceman! :smiley:

2 Likes

I brought back spicyspyigo back. The logic is that since it’s known it’s his account, no harm in mentioning it. But let’s properly mark it as unofficial account and not log the games from it.

For that let’s make “Notes” column in pro accounts table.

And I guess it would be better to mark Haylee as “retired” if we want to mark it at all.

I attempted to shorten the rows in games table. Shorter dates, shorter descriptions. Also change the result in continued games to “-”.

Are we sure we need results column at all? In my view the more columns we have to fill in, the more annoying the table maintenance becomes.

Added some games.

2 Likes

I like the results column, although I only added a couple of games so far.

The player formerly known as “spicyspyigo” now goes by the name of “spicydragon”. Updated the players table.

2 Likes

spicydragon is the greatest of OGS’ cat overlords :cat2:

4 Likes