Professional accounts and games on OGS

Added three pros from the Osaka International Go School; Maeda Ryo 6p, Francis Meyer 1p and Li Ting 1p. The senseis are noticing us :smiley:

12 Likes

After mentioning to @S_Alexander, since the games list was quite long, and I am hoping to add more links to the European Go League season 2 if I have the time - I decided to catagorize the games list by event.

They should still be in order by date, but it feels like this might be more useful for someone looking for specific games (I hope). Also it’s just much more compact!

If people don’t prefer this format I will undo the change - or maybe it can be rolled back, maybe not if more games are added since :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the categorizing by event. I’d add dates, maybe, to make it easier to find things at a glance at a later date. Something like 05/2020, just for reference, not to make the title too long.

1 Like

So like a date for the start/end of the event or?

I guess when the list gets longer, and you want to sort the events by something that could be useful. That or alphabetical, alphanumerical either?

If it’s a yearly event, the year I think is enough. For example, Transatlantic Go Tournament 2020.

It doesn’t need to be exhaustive, but I don’t really know the usual schedule, so I don’t know how I would look these up. Maybe I’d use YYYY for big events and MM/YYYY for rounds, if it applies.

Edit: for the friendly ones, I’d go strictly chronological, since it’s the easiest to add any game anywhere, and add in the title (in chronological order) or something.

Question: if someone added a game of pros played live or elsewhere on a demo board, would it go in this thread? Maybe we have a “library” like this on OGS and I just don’t remember (not unusual)?

I think it’s been asked about before Game Database (Pro Games) and possibly most recently Feature Request: SGF Library viewer and links therein.

In theory we could make a thread where games are uploaded to people’s sgf libraries and links to those games are maintained in a list like the above (assuming it was ok for mods/anoek etc) but maybe it’d be better in a separate thread.

Maybe one problem with many users uploading sgfs separately is just there’s always a chance that someone forgets they are using their library to host certain games and deletes them and the links die in the thread. If it’s centrally organised in the forum duplicates in theory shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

We can barely keep up with pro games on OGS. More things should not be used than are necessary.

We have http://www.go4go.net/go/

5 Likes

There is also http://gokifu.com/ for sharing professional game records

2 Likes

Thanks for cleaning everything up, @shinuito

I found a tweet with OGS: https://twitter.com/ankazu611/status/1297412772142047232

Forwarded it to Tokumoto, he found a video:

From what Tokumoto said (as I understood) it seems like a group of Kansai pros rather than a single pro account but it’s not clear. We’ll be following the situation closely~

8 Likes

Artem Kachanovskyi 2p (Ukraine) vs Shi Jinbo 3p (China)
4 Likes

Count it as uncategorized for now, or add a new category if this will be a series of games? :slight_smile:

I’ll try add these EGC games if I get a chance https://www.eurogofed.org/egc/2020.html

1 Like

That’s kind of done for the moment. More games coming up on Saturday (today in some places) it looks like

1 Like

You can measure pro popularity on OGS based on number of clicks on the link.

3 Likes

Added Alexander Dinerchtein 3p (Russia), who will be playing here on OGS in the European Grand Prix Finale (Jan 8-31) :smiley:

7 Likes

Yanagisawa Satoshi 6p

3 Likes

Cool! Have you verified their identity with a known source? If so, please let me know if there is a way to get in touch with them - we are happy to award professional status to their account :smiley:

4 Likes

Of course, not. I’m merely tracking them down. For a while, I noticed teaching games with OS U group on something that looks a lot like OGS board. But couldn’t figure out the name.

Of course, maybe it’s not his personal account but corporate, after all, indiGO is a thing.

4 Likes

Goyanen was doing a thing on OGS board.

Deguchi Mariko 1p
Ono Ayako 1p
Hoshikawa Takumi 5p
Tamura Chiaki 3p

4 Likes