Random music on player's profile page

I find your feature request reasonable. To expect a consistent profile page across the whole OGS site, with the players’ information presented in a consistent and clear manner seems like a reasonable feature, and if I want to check concrete stats and information about some other players (maybe I am a tournament director and want to check 10-15 players looking for specific stats?) then the possibility that each of them is a completely different uncontrolled myspace page that might start screaming at you if you are not careful and prepared, feels somewhat intrusive.

It seems to me that the profile pages then serve at least two roles: the “myspace” style “personal page” of each user, and the actual “OGS profile” with all the information of a player. Both needs or ways to think of the profile page sort of go against each other sometimes, so a clearer separation or at least the option to “hide custom profiles” (showing you only the default OGS profile view, per your own choice) seems nice to me :slight_smile:

9 Likes