Re: Correspondence games lost by disconnection

Well, while we’re waiting: I think it means what he thinks it means.

What do you think it means?

9 Likes

That he’s taking every recorded game available in the (thousands of years) history of Go and using them for ranking; It’s a joke on the phrase “the beginning of time” when he meant “the start of OGS”, don’t take the comment too seriously.

6 Likes

No seriousness here, just chat :slight_smile:

When someone works on a server like this, there is no time before the beginning of the server :wink:

12 Likes

'Year 14 Anno OGS, the effects of the great Corr-crisis remain. Our Mecha-Historians work relentlessly through all records since the beginning of this era to clean history of our mistakes…"

9 Likes

Wouldn’t it be 14 AO?

1 Like

At the present time, the Onlinium Goservorum has become a complex and highly unstable piece of machinery, albeit one whose very presence is essential to the survival of gomanity against the horrors of outer servers - or worse, some (highly heretical) accounts of the fringe of the golaxy mentioning the existence of unimaginable xeno-games involving different pieces or more than two players.

The server can only be powered by the psychic force of 10,000 specially-purposed 30kyu, whose spirits are routinely crushed under the necessary 100 defeats and whose ranks must be regularly replenished with fresh recruits coming from all go-controlled planets of the golaxy. Only a chosen few will rise through the ranks to become a sanctioned Regular. This is the price to pay, for the OGS beacon must never fade…

14 Likes

You mean “The Cor-Corr Incident”. (yes, still trying to make this happen).

5 Likes

Couldn’t resist :grin:

5 Likes

Exactly the quote I had in mind, although I’ve never seen the movie. That’s pop culture for you. :grin::grin:

3 Likes

And in just 2 months we finally have the ranks repaired. But also, some improvements to the rating system :slight_smile:

https://forums.online-go.com/t/2020-rating-and-rank-tweaks-and-analysis/28649/2

15 Likes