Re: Correspondence games lost by disconnection

No, only the wins you should not be proud of (those that were due to the disconnect) as I understand it.

6 Likes

I’ve heard boosting your support amount helps “motivate” anoek :wink: haha (jokes)

6 Likes

The confusion on my end was that I had played over 200 non-annulled ranked games after this, and I thought it would impact all of those games. I also thought I would drop 4-5 ranks because of the fix too. If you are just fixing those disconnected games, I am completely fine with it, I just don’t want to have a huge rank change from it(1-2 ranks is ok, but any more then that and I would be frustrated), and I want some of those wins to stay(the ones after the disconnection) because I don’t win against some of the people that often, and I want to be able to keep seeing them. I am completely up for removing those disconnection games though because it is screwing up my records against them(I got +3 wins against Starline from disconnection that I would like fixed, but then I beat Starline in a live game yesterday that I don’t want removed because I usually lose to Starline).

3 Likes

Oh no rest assured, only the games affected by the bug are scheduled for correction. The rest is of course supposed to stay.

How the reality will unfold is another matter :smiley: But I am quite confident. Anoek tested thoroughly :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hey, the People can say stuff like that in public, but the Government should only say them behind closed doors. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Just be happy you have such an open and transparent government, willing to throw each other under the bus recognise our own flaws and failings :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What about their flaws and failings?

7 Likes

Everyone knows Real Developers™ test their code in prod anyway, flip the switch! (Says the person who hasn’t played corr in over a year.)

6 Likes

ARe ranks going to be fixed.
I hope not
because my rank is back to normal.

If you’re back to normal you likely won’t see much change when the fix takes effect.

2 Likes

Good idea but only you do it if you want to

1 Like

Those who forget their history are bound to repeat it. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

But if they forget it does it count as being known?

2 Likes

History happened, regardless of whether it is known or understood.

7 Likes

Unless it’s “Schrodinger’s History”. :rofl:

5 Likes

The ratings are currently being repaired, it’s a stupid long process of the servers processing all the game records since the beginning of time though. I did some rating performance analysis and included some minor improvements while I was in the system. As the process gets closer to completion and I’ve validated that everything looks in order, I’ll let y’all know and do a little write up about the improvements and whatnot.

21 Likes

Thank you for your hard work @anoek can’t wait to see the fruits of your labour :heart:

10 Likes

I don’t think that means what you think it means.

7 Likes

Inconceivable.

7 Likes