Re: Review Demo Board

BHydden already got it but for the record, EGF also has this problem. And that’s why they chose KGS for Pro Qualification Tournament.

9 Likes

My limited understanding of how the backend works makes me think this should be possible, but it’s strange that it wasn’t implemented with the rather large review tools overhaul that went in not that long ago to provide features requested by AGA and EGF… maybe they just forgot about this one? or maybe it wasn’t possible for some reason?

3 Likes

I also think the game recorder should create a game (of some sort) and not a demo board.
What features does the game recorder need? Play moves for both colors, undo mistakes, anything else?

4 Likes

One would hope it’d be easier to implement also — basically just to be allowed to challenge yourself to an unranked game on Ogs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This post my be a duplicate. Someone else might have already posted about this topic, I believe.

Many people asked the EGF pros why they were using KGS instead of OGS for their stream. Ali Jabarin 2p answered that, while OGS is great for playing online, it doesn’t work for reviewing live tournament games — no game review on demo boards is what he means, I believe.

Ali has explained the situation many times already, but one of his repeated explanations can be found here at around 56:15 — this video will likely not be on Twitch forever, but I have it saved, if anyone needs it in the future.

Is this feature going to be available at some point? It would be nice if OGS’s team directly interacted with Western pros… do they already?

4 Likes

@psygo I moved your post here as it has better ties to the historical discussion. Thanks for your suggestion.

2 Likes

Made a feature request on GitHub

2 Likes

Just bumping this request again after another tournament with broadcasts and commentary using demo boards on ogs :slight_smile:

3 Likes