Rengo status

1 Like

@GreenAsJade
I accepted the milestone and everything on escrow.com. I think/hope they should send payment to you now.

The status is now showing a green “inspection” which seems a bit weird, but I made sure I accepted all checkboxes they gave me :sweat_smile:
Maybe it just means they look over it and then finish up.

12 Likes

THANKS! :partying_face:

9 Likes

Ok when my turn came mystery solved: I’m stupid. And also on vacation mode. In my defense, it showed “paused” and not “vacation”. But still :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Ah - thanks for working that out. There’s another “it needs to know about Rengo” here, because typically this thing puts “vacation” on the actual player, and “paused” on the “other player” … but what of the “vacation” players is not the active player… then this is what we see :sob:

6 Likes

Why hide ranks in rengo games preview?

and, btw, bug

1 Like

Unintentional - simply a bug. I’m on it.

Edit: darn - this bug was introduced when showing that rengo games have more players on the team.

Unfortunately player called “hakhoa +1” does not have a rank. :woman_facepalming:

Neither does a player called "hakhoa "

Only “hakhoa” has a rank.

rushes off to see what to do about that

Edit: I put in a preliminary fix, which brings back ranks to non-rengo games.

For “technical reasons” it’s not so easy to do what I wanted " GreenAsJade [1d] +2 "

… getting that rank in that place you would think is easy, but there are some questions to be answered, so that will come later.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Rengo: what to do about dropout / AFK players

I wonder how many threads about a single overarching topic warrants creating a category for that topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:thinking: now where shall I move this post to? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

result: fun was had - should be improved, at least tell which color won

in any team vs team video-game on PC, there is information if your team won or your team lost.
If you are strong, you will have above 50% winrate in your game history.

1 Like

That’s this one:

1 Like

When going to profile of other player, you see your winrate against him

Against that player I played rengo only and that player was creator of these games.
re re
against others from their team, there is no such info.
I wonder what will happen if creator is in my team.

And all of this looks like bug. What if there is dan in team of opponent - then I will have “lose” vs ddk?

2 Likes

Two issues I have noticed from my first time using the feature, even though it all worked fine, and the design looked much better than I expected:

• In rengo tournaments I played, we would average our ranks and then apply the difference so we find the appropriate handicap. I assumed this would be the same if I configured the rengo game to have an “automatic” handicap, which works for normal games, but no handicap was applied.
  • At the end of the game, only the two players with active turns were listed as able to approve or not the counting, I thought all the players were supposed to approve it at the same time.
3 Likes

Yeah - auto handicap fell in the category of “initially it will do whatever it does”.

If I’d thought more about it, I’d likely have turned “auto handicap” off completely, and I may do that.

What made you think that?

(Edit; I mean, in 1v1 games, it is the active players who get to accept the score :wink: )

In practical terms, it can be hard enough to get two players to both accept the score, let alone forcing the game to wait for more…

2 Likes

What made you think that?

I think it’s a choice in the end, I guess it is like saying “the captains of each team decide”, but in this case it is completely random? Is it ideal? I’m not for it. Maybe at least have the ability of choosing the captains?

And, all in all, I actually believe 99%+ of the players agree with the score, specially since OGS has implemented AI scoring. (So it wouldn’t make a difference?)

And another thing I’ve just found out — I don’t know if anyone else mentioned it —, but the game is listed on my profile basically as a regular game with my teammate as my opponent? I imagine it’s gonna be difficult to somehow fit the other players in the current design, but… (As a solution, if anything, I would rather have the name of my strongest opponent in the rengo)

1 Like

This should not be the case. I will look into it.

Generally (in all the testing so far) you have to click the “Rengo” button on the team history to see rengo games.

Edit :sunglasses: carumba, you should warn people before sending them to a profile page looking like that :open_mouth: Next thing you know I’ll have nyan cat blaring out my speakers :smiley: :wink:

I saw on your profile page that you have one rengo game listed under Rengo. Is this incorrect?

1 Like

Generally (in all the testing so far) you have to click the “Rengo” button on the team history to see rengo games.

Yes, that’s a cool way of handling it. And, since it’s basically a parallel UI, maybe a list more appropriate to rengo could be tried out? Using 2 lines instead of 1 for example could be a way of getting more space?

Edit :sunglasses: carumba, you should warn people before sending them to a profile page looking like that :open_mouth: Next thing you know I’ll have nyan cat blaring out my speakers :smiley: :wink:

You’re gonna have to blame @yebellz for it. It’s all in here.

I saw on your profile page that you have one rengo game listed under Rengo. Is this incorrect?

So far I’ve only played one rengo game, yes.

2 Likes

I do blame yebellz for sure.

In which case it looks like it’s working, for me. The game called " Desafio Rengo " shows up only when I click the rengo checkbox, and does not show up in the normal list.

2 Likes

In which case it looks like it’s working, for me. The game called " Desafio Rengo " shows up only when I click the rengo checkbox, and does not show up in the normal list.

Oh, wait, you’re right. My bad. I mistook the last game I played with MartDiv as the rengo I just played with him as a teammate. One had the title of “Desafio Twitch”, and the other “Desafio Rengo”. My bad, sorry.

1 Like