Rengo status

11 Likes

Yes.
Breathe :slight_smile:
I’ve just realised OGS is doing a live rengo thing and thought it might be related.

5 Likes

I feel like there needs to be some kind of team chat and global chat before the game started, like a tournament chat page, where it’s easier to organize who would play which team, etc.

3 Likes

Whoops, sorry I never got around to helping out on this. I started familiarizing myself with the code base and fell down a rabbit hole of hunting for potential security bugs before getting busy. Good job on getting it all working though!

5 Likes
1 Like

I’ve resisted “yet another local chat”.

This was partly because I wanted to limit the “scope” of all the things that had to be done before going live, but also partly because I find it easy to lose track of all the different places you can talk about things.

However, anoek has showed me the way to easily do a local chat, and I can see that it would help with this kind of problem, so I will put it high on the “now what?” list.

4 Likes

There’s plenty still to be done :wink:

(See “things we want done” )

4 Likes

We played a few rengo games, everything worked all right except the fact that when it wasn’t my turn, the score estimator became the AI score estimator instead of the regular one.

7 Likes

Hah you cheater! :wink: :smiley: Yet another “thing that needs to know these extras are players”. I wonder when we’ll get to the bottom of that pile!

5 Likes

Welp, I’m confused as to where I should mention this, so many threads now and I’m not into site chat, so

A. A beauty. AND visible chat. :kissing_heart:
B. I can’t tell if someone paused or if the thing paused, and can’t unpause like vanilla go games. (I tried pausing and unpausing in case it was stuck).

1 Like

Here’s a fine place.

Can you link me that game (I know I could search for it but hey… that dumb game history page doesn’t make it easy does it :woman_facepalming: )

1 Like
1 Like

@GreenAsJade
I accepted the milestone and everything on escrow.com. I think/hope they should send payment to you now.

The status is now showing a green “inspection” which seems a bit weird, but I made sure I accepted all checkboxes they gave me :sweat_smile:
Maybe it just means they look over it and then finish up.

12 Likes

THANKS! :partying_face:

9 Likes

Ok when my turn came mystery solved: I’m stupid. And also on vacation mode. In my defense, it showed “paused” and not “vacation”. But still :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Ah - thanks for working that out. There’s another “it needs to know about Rengo” here, because typically this thing puts “vacation” on the actual player, and “paused” on the “other player” … but what of the “vacation” players is not the active player… then this is what we see :sob:

6 Likes

Why hide ranks in rengo games preview?

and, btw, bug

1 Like

Unintentional - simply a bug. I’m on it.

Edit: darn - this bug was introduced when showing that rengo games have more players on the team.

Unfortunately player called “hakhoa +1” does not have a rank. :woman_facepalming:

Neither does a player called "hakhoa "

Only “hakhoa” has a rank.

rushes off to see what to do about that

Edit: I put in a preliminary fix, which brings back ranks to non-rengo games.

For “technical reasons” it’s not so easy to do what I wanted " GreenAsJade [1d] +2 "

… getting that rank in that place you would think is easy, but there are some questions to be answered, so that will come later.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Rengo: what to do about dropout / AFK players

I wonder how many threads about a single overarching topic warrants creating a category for that topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes