Rengo status

One thing I’m curious just looking at some of the ongoing correspondence games

when I go back through the moves the player cards now do update as I step through the moves, to a point. That is from the current move back to about move 66 or 67. I guess 67 is correct working backward? Is it something to do with moves being made pre the fix or something?

I also wonder is the game name getting duplicated in the info page:

2 Likes

Same here. Would be happy to test things live on the beta server; looking forward to see it on the main server!

1 Like

Weren’t you reworking this whole thing anyhow? :wink:

Edit: actually, there is a change coming that could well fix this, or show how it could be fixed, in the most recent commit, part of trying to make sure that the names are visible in the lower part. It’s interesting that what you screenshotted in mobile, with big font, is much more readable than what I had on the desktop prior to this incoming change.

The new change basically takes care of making sure that whatever colour is at the top is the same at the bottom (the top has a yucky special case thing that was getting missed for the bottom) and putting some background behind the bottom ones to lift them. So if the font is still wrong, it needs the same treatment.

3 Likes

Correct - this is saved data, not computed, so if it wasn’t saved before it isn’t available now.

It’s saved not computed to allow for the fact that players may want to drop out of Rengo teams and we may want to allow for that at some point.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s ugly, due for a fix at some point.

2 Likes

Status: the “hey, the creator has to reload the page” bug should be fixed now.

It’d be great to have that confirmed with some different tests.

:crossed_fingers: if this is working maybe it’s ready… :open_mouth: :thinking: :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

It seems rengo is live :slight_smile: :tada:

6 Likes

I tried a rengo on the main site. 🐬Sofiam🐬 vs. B2 Bomber . I was in black team and I played all the black’s moves :sweat_smile:
I (the creator) had to refresh the page to see the chat and play the first move.
Happy to see it here, anyway :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah @anoek @GreenAsJade the live version does not seem to work at all like the beta did. No matter what we do it is a normal game between two players with the rest only observing.

Also ti seems opposed to the beta version - there is no longer a “withdraw” button in the “lobby”

Also:
Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 15-12-00 Hrajte Go na online-go com OGS

5 Likes

“Rengo” only filter in game history looks weird. Maybe also add filters like 19x19?

and these NaNd/NULL …

It’s not supposed to be live yet, I screwed up, rolling back…

9 Likes

Ok now it’s live :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@anoek don’t know if it’s rengo-related, but I can’t submit any move anymore

4 Likes

Yeah just kidding, rolling back, again.

9 Likes

This is what another user ( PopcornCzar ) gets when he tries to join a live rengo that I opened. I don’t have the same problem.

And the “one player in 2 teams” thing still exists
immagine

4 Likes

Whoa!
GreEn!
O_O

1 Like

Yeah they sneezed on the goban

2 Likes

Is third time really the charm? We will see soon enough. Rengo is live again! :smiley:

2 Likes

I had a “you are currently not playing any games” message until a few minutes ago.
(Not rengo games, the normal ones)

But it’s working for you now right?

1 Like