Rengo status

Yeah - I see that. Thanks.

2 Likes

It’s not very clear, but that is this one, thanks.

1 Like

This problem also appears in my Active Games. Maybe there should also be a checkbox there to only show rengo games?

Edit: fixed quote

1 Like

Do correspondence organizers get a notification when their game is ready to start?

Edit: fixed regex for @BHydden :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently not

2 Likes

While setting up today’s Streamer Rengo Battle TelegraphGo wanted to accept Gooplet’s challenge, but was confronted with an error message saying “‘NoneType’ object is not iterable”.

Error message: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Workaround used: TelegraphGo created a new challenge and everybody was able to join.

PS: Sorry that I couldn’t convince myself to share less of the screenshot.

5 Likes

I would rather you either say it the American way or the correct way, rather than trying to accommodate both :rofl:

4 Likes

4 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

That message means “whatever happened really wasn’t supposed to happen” :wink:

If anyone can reproduce it and tell me what the network section of the console says, that would be truly awesome. I have it on the list to make better messages pop up in this kind of situation.

Actually, just knowing what button was pressed to make that message would help. I’m guessing from the context it was “Start”.

3 Likes

I think list of rengo games on https://online-go.com/play should start with blitz and live rengo first, it will reduce wait time where it is important.
(currently it may be hard to find with a lot of correspondence rengo)

2 Likes

That’s this one, thanks

1 Like

It turns out that this message means “The developer had no idea you could do that!!

Thanks to @Gooplet for making the clip showing what’s going on. I literally never would have found that!

edit:

LOL … this turns out to be how you can get twice into the one game, as well, at least apparently on the screen.

7 Likes

Is this the place to ask how to see what Komi is in Rengo games? (Or if w/e pause is selected) When you join you are just in the lobby with no game info shown.
(I guess if there is no warning triangle then the Komi is either none or automatic though)

(Ah, I’ve worked out that you can find the relevant square in the plot and see in the pop up. But it’s not very easy on a phone at least!)

5 Likes

It probably already was reported but I couldnt find the specific issue:

I am wondering if the big rengo games list is due to players not having access to their Rengo game setups anymore and they bugged out. If someone opened a Rengo table, they shouldnt be able to open a second one right? There are many players with multiple open Rengo tables, so I am wondering if thats due to a bug where they created multiple.

2 Likes

Also the thought that no one would use correspondence Rengo is slightly amusing, as I am absolutely 100% sure it will find many fans as there is no other service one can play it that way (unless I am forgetting a feature of a server somewhere). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, at the heart of this is the way the game-forming table is presented - there are various issues raised that amount to the same thing.

I’m thinking about that … it’s simply new territory for the existing challenge page: this kind of waiting and administering…

But is it a bug that some players opened multiple tables or should I be able to do that intentionally?

Oh and handicap stones arent working yet, right? :slight_smile: Because an automatic handicap that is calculated from the player strength would be neat!

1 Like

It’s not a bug that you can do it for correspondence, but it’s a bug that you can’t easily get back to the one you want when you want to :open_mouth:

This is almost next on my list … I’m looking at “don’t end game on timeout” as well.

1 Like