Rengo status

Agree. And same about pause.

2 Likes

a not-so-quick fix suggestion on the same: if resign button could resign for that particular player only, the rest of the team plays on

1 Like

“team captain” (probably strongest player) should be able to resign the game, no? I mean, imagine having to wait for 10 opponents to resign one by one.

2 Likes

yes. there should be team captain (not neccesarily strongest player, maybe assigned during team selection by the game creator) with powers to resign for the whole team, and kick or skip any afk team members

edit: doesnt this solution sidestep the issue of what to do with the clock in case of skipping afk players? ie - the team captain decides when the team has waited long enough and skips to the next player in line without any change in the clock

1 Like

I like this, as it adds the admittedly useful information of who moved last, while maintaining the very useful (at least when playing and wanting to know if it’s about to be your turn) information already conveyed.

I would not want Black and White player cards swapping positions. Humans are very good at remembering a small selection of things, but location is one of them. Constantly swapping the locations where vital information lives would mess with this ability.

6 Likes

Meanwhile: the update for supporting managing multiple correspondence challenges is on BETA .

A good ole test would be great, thanks.

9 Likes

(on https://online-go.com/play page)

What about turning correspondence off filter?. We could just ignore what was at the bottom of the page before. But now, it is between live challenges and live rengo.

I never play correspondence, but because list of correspondence I may miss (now rare) live rengo.

2 Likes

The new challenge system, allowing management of multiple correspondence rengo challenges, is live.

10 Likes

Now we can see how many people have signed up for each, it’s in my face that we need an agreed “this game will start when X players have joined” kind of thing…

8 Likes

immagine

I was thinking that the difference between orange and green (which doesn’t have a different version in the accessible theme atm) might be difficult for colour blind people to see. It might not be a big problem though, as they are not on the same side and the text should be readable

5 Likes

Oh my surprise when i clicked on view, i expected rengos half empty having difficult time to start instead of these long lists of players… Not sure if it was the first intention of the creators but just them going away for a while and the lack of infos we had before.

1 Like

As long as the text is legible and color isn’t the only indicator, I think these buttons meet accessibility standards.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/use-of-color.html

Edit: although… an additional visual indicator like an icon might be nice!

3 Likes

Might make it too cluttered?

2 Likes

There is no “view” icon in front of the live rengo challenge.

3 Likes

Some layout problems on my phone (android+opera)
Big margin on the left (wasted space)
Closing button half hidden (difficult to access)

3 Likes

Yes, technically that’s because Live challenges are always visible - to the participants - in the automatch pane (top left), so they didn’t “need” a Manage/View button.

It does mean that they aren’t viewable by non-participants in the same way. Maybe we’ll do something about that.

2 Likes

Does that mean that before joining, i cannot check who already joined in a live rengo challenge?

1 Like

At the moment, though honestly the price of clicking “Join” is low - you can withdraw.

There is the risk that your joining starts the match :woman_shrugging:

I can see that this could do with improving, though mere hours ago you couldn’t see who already joined any match :wink:

2 Likes

I can understand it takes time and effort, i just don’t see why it works for correspondance but not for live.
With the risk that the game will start, it’s bit tedious to join and leave each game to see who play, which level…

Ah hah - the actual reason why is that the ability to “View” came from “Hey, I can turn this on for people who aren’t involved” when looking at the “Manage” button in the Correspondence section.

The same does not apply for Live because it doesn’t even have a Manage button, so it’s not a “you get this almost for free” feature.

That is the underlying reason :slight_smile:

5 Likes