Rengo status

Which one?

I’m gonna need a longer phone.

5 Likes

Also is it my poor eyesight or purple yebellz can’t be read in that color?

2 Likes

Not sure if it is the same bug but:

4 Likes

sigh… still not long enough

18 Likes

Nice meme

2 Likes
Like this?

7 Likes

With this mega rengo i just discovered that my way of reading the header was wrong.

When it’s white to play, the black player on the left is not the one who just played, but the one who will play after white. My idea was that the new black player will be displayed only after white’s move.

Looking at this header i think @yebellz just played and after @claire_yang move, @_KoBa will move.
but that’s not the case

3 Likes

It is a little confusing for the spectators I would say.

But for players in the game, it is somewhat ok. When your icon is up in the front, just be ready.

8 Likes

I played a full game without noticing that the 6d played 10k moves (and reverse) so sure! Maybe because it was a 2vs2, i dunno.
But maybe there could be a way to make the display more explicit?

2 Likes

That would be cool; I definitely think other orders, perhaps based on the Thue-Morse Sequence, would be superior to the original, though the original should remain default, of course. I assume by "through and back you mean the members of each team play in ABBA (T_2) order? So if Alice and Adam are playing vs Bob and Barbara, it goes Alice, Bob, Adam, Barbara, Adam, Barbara, Alice, Bob, repeating on like that?

3 Likes

No, that doesn’t look like the same thing: I need to take a look at yours.

I wonder why you think that? It seems natural to me to have the cards showing “who is up next”, which is the case.

You drop to the bottom after you play.

3 Likes

Also applies to ladders.

4 Likes

Also, I think Rengo should be added in documentation. Some of us live in ogf and have followed the saga (10/10 would recommend btw), but I believe it’s difficult for anyone to follow at this point without a tl;dr.
Even people who have played IRL will probably need some adjustments. Of course things like AFK players and other issues are still in debate, but they can be edited when finalized.

(if it’s there I didn’t find it :woman_shrugging:)

1 Like

That’s:

4 Likes

A. I don’t closely follow progress…
B. I’m GFMD (goforummemedivision), we don’t engage in civilian operations. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I didn’t mean to suggest that you’d leap in and do it, only indicated that “it’s on the list” :wink:

2 Likes

Translation: it’s a wiki, so…

3 Likes

Because black is before white on his left. If you don’t notice the switch of names when black just moved then nothing tell you that black is already updated. The way it works is good, better to know who play black next asap, i just feel to be not cristal clear. I was confused and i read some other rengo players were too.
There could be a way to reinforce it. A not so esthetic could be turn numbers (1,2 (3,4)) added ?

Ladders are more easy, movement is unidimensional.