Rengo status

Ah hah - I understand that.

Except the subtle glow around white. That was pretty much the best I could do … I don’t think we can be swapping the positions of black and white :open_mouth:

2 Likes

What an amazing idea!
With so easy to get header you can even get rid of the "white to play " line, saving precious space on small screens.

I’m not sure where to post this, but in the mega rengo game, this happens:

5.3k should round to 6k, shouldn’t it?

You were probably 5k when the game was created and the rank wasn’t refreshed on the player list.

1 Like

Brief update: it’s proving to be a little bit of an exercise making it so we can manage outstanding rengo corrspondence challenges while being involved in live challenges of all sorts

(Note that normal correspondence challenges don’t need any “management”)

So still a work in progress…

7 Likes

I’m sure you’ve considered this already, but is it possible to make the challenge modal operate similar to the PM windows, such that they can either be dragged around or minimized?

I’m sure it’s harder than how I’ve described :sweat_smile: just a thought…

3 Likes

Btw, why is that epic 25 x 25 Rengo not visible in the “Games” tab?
I have set filter to rengo only, correspondence, other board sizes (and all the normal ones).
Must be something silly I’m missing but I don’t know what it is…

1 Like

It’s a “bot game” :wink:

4 Likes

Oh my. That means just because each of the 44 (?) player-teams has one bot, the whole game becomes invisible to any means except if you have a direct link to it?

Wait! I do have “bot games” filter checked too! So I should still see it, right? But it isn’t visible anyway.

Could this be a filter bug, because the bolt filter doesn’t work with multiple players per team, so the bot filter won’t show it because it doesn’t recognize the bots, yet the normal game filter won’t show it because it does detect the bots among the players?

1 Like

The filter is completely broken since a long time unfortunately, even way before Rengo.

I can see it. Did you forget to select “correspondence games”?

Oh god, my mistake, just my games tab was, for some reason, still on the beta version of OGS instead of the normal one -_-
All fine now, thanks and sorry.

4 Likes

Right now it doesn’t do “whatever”, it does nothing. Source: I remember two games I played with auto handicap where the players on the white team were stronger and black got no handicap.

Please keep it! It’s probably five lines of code away from doing something reasonable. Just compute the handicap based on the average rank of each team like psygo said. Done.

1 Like

bug:
“none” should be at the bottom
re t

4 Likes

It was mentioned but maybe not in the top post

4 Likes

I have just played a very weird game:

I was in both teams (the organizer and me knew it, we wanted to try)
It turned out to be a match only between me (with black) and slurpderp (with white). 𝙇egendsNeverDieeeeee has never played.
In the end I, playing with black, resigned, and the game says “black wins by resignation”.
Probably all related to the fact that a player should not be in two teams at the same time but maybe it can be useful.

6 Likes

From help chat

0:00]bitzi: anyone else getting “Not allowed to access this game” { “error”: “This is a private game” } when trying to join a new rengo game?

access to private rengo bugged?

1 Like

I assume that falls under

Not sure it was fixed since first mentioned

5 Likes

In that case, private should be deactivated the time the issue being solved?

1 Like

yep very weird