Rengo status

Hm, I don’t know if if that’s ideal, rengo is difficult to start as it is, waiting for more than one to finish another challenge in between we’d never see the end of it…

I don’t know what would be the best setting here.

1 Like

Basically i don’t like the idea that ppl switch between live games but at the same time i like that ppl can wait between different challenges, solo games and rengos, with even different settings.
When one offer is accepted, then other offers can just vanish.

You can be interested to play a rengo or a solo, whatever comes first.

Right but with rengo, when it vanishes, the others who signed up experience that.

I suppose this is OK … they could sign up for multiple and take whichever one does really start.

The thing is that live rengos take some time to get the necessary participants, so it’s a shame if they get killed…

I don’t see better solution if you don’t want to encourage players to play multiple live at once.

But maybe I am wrong, players want this?

It’s still better as today anyway.

What about bot+player team vs bot+player team? Any bot owner interested? I would myself gladly try it if available :grin:

Question for the devs. Why did this 25vs25 person casual game get ended?

I believe one of the players deleted their account and that’s apparently what happens to the game.

It was mentioned in another thread

I believe it may also be planned to be fixed

3 Likes

and what if you ban someone?

1 Like

I don’t think anything happens in that case, games don’t automatically end when a player is banned.

Edit: there is already at least one example of this, with a strict mode rengo.

2 Likes

This was casual

By the way do we have any more info on how to handle suspension in large rengo games?

The next player in your huge rengo has timed out of all their games so there’s a high chance they don’t play here either.

In theory it would be a nice time to appreciate our brand new Casual Rengo mode which lets players gracefully time out… but of course for that to happen we would need the timer to actually run and not be suspended!

4 Likes

^^ is this “the vacation problem”?

It’s somewhere near the top of my list now ( thanks for the reminder :sweat_smile: )

I think that fix is in - if another game gets hit by this let me know. Or if you see " ‘Joe’ left: Player’s account was deleted" that would be great to know too.

4 Likes

I don’t know for sure the source of the suspension, but yes I imagine it might be due to vacation.

Thanks for your efforts anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I keep thinking “right, that’s in good shape now, I can go fix OJE now” … then “oh, wait …” :sob:

(The “must do” list is now “AI estimator” and “vacation thing”).

4 Likes

now you know why anoek kept putting off all the rengo requests :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Fixes for “AI estimation” and “The vacation problem” are under review with anoek.

(The fix for “the vacation problem” is “vacation doesn’t apply to casual rengo” - if you’re on vacation and miss your turn, you just get dropped).

I’m hoping to put rengo aside now as “good enough”, and return attention to OJE, which has a couple of important bugs to be fixed after the upgrade.

8 Likes

Apparently… anyone up for a wild game? Time-outs expected :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Why can’t I make one, too?

1 Like

You can if you do what I did, but I can try to make it easier for folks who don’t want to open Browser Tools.

The one thing I need to know is where live should end and where corr should start. Below are the “allowed” times, should I just move the minimum corr down to 8, and not touch the live time? 2hrs seems too long to be live, but not exactly corespondence either.

"1 hour", <-- max live time
  "1 hour 10 minutes",
  "1 hour 20 minutes",
  "1 hour 30 minutes",
  "1 hour 40 minutes",
  "1 hour 50 minutes",
  "2 hours",
  "2 hours 15 minutes",
  "2 hours 30 minutes",
  "2 hours 45 minutes",
  "3 hours",
  "3 hours 30 minutes",
  "4 hours",
  "4 hours 30 minutes",
  "5 hours",
  "5 hours 30 minutes",
  "6 hours",
  "7 hours",
  "8 hours",
  "10 hours",
  "12 hours",
  "16 hours",
  "20 hours",
  "1 day" <-- min corr time

Edit: when I say “allowed” I don’t mean policy, I just mean the code has certain values that it uses to keep the different time fields consistent. I’d still need the change approved by the powers that be :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Haha wow is that a lost meme? So I’m not the only hacker in these parts I guess…