Rengo status

Side note: It amazes me that people play go on phones at all!

3 Likes

Yeah me too. That’s why it’s an effort to care :smiley: :smiley: But … you can’t get a PR past anoek unless it is good for the mobile users :smiley: We love you, really, you mobile users :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Phones are pretty convenient if you play correspondence go. You can play moves while sitting is a bus, in a waiting room,…

7 Likes

I do a lot of that :slight_smile:

I have a friend who plays live on mobile though and that blows my mind lol

3 Likes

When I pause and I am black, it is white that pauses not black. Could you fix it? The link is Will start when it reaches 20 people

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting this.

The good news is that the display there is telling a lie :slight_smile:

In fact, it is black who got the pause, it’s just displayed wrongly because “you aren’t ‘the black player’ at the moment”

This has uncovered another bug, which I’m not proposing to do anything about: in fact, every player gets 4 pauses :open_mouth: - the pause-count is stored against the player!

But I will fix this display bug.

5 Likes

thanks

that is weird but it can be your weapon, using up all of the opponents pauses:)

I wouldn’t consider it a bug, a player who abuses of pauses shouldn’t prevent their teammates from pausing for sensible reasons.

3 Likes

True! Yay, I don’t have to feel guilty not fixing it :smiley:

5 Likes

The fix for that is with anoek for review.

3 Likes

I play always on my phone. All kind of settings, but no blitz. All with submit button.

I am satisfied, now that there is Rengo. I played it with some friends on a stream (yes I got a small Twitch Channel).

4 Likes

A bunch of fixes went in “today” OGS-time.

• Don’t pause casual rengo games when a player goes on vacation
  • Correctly display which team paused the game
    • Note that it should say specifically who paused it, because each player gets 5 pauses, and it is inevitable that players will want to know who did the pause, but it doesn’t say that, yet.
    • This would be a front-end fix, “good first ticket” :wink:
  • Don’t use AI estimation for anyone on the team during rengo
  • Put the rengo-challenge-chat for live games down in the “Challenge list” management pane, just like correspondence ones.
    • When someone says “where did the chat for live rengo challenges go”, point them here :smiley:
    • This is because we can only have chat in one place, so I made it consistent with correspondence, and also this makes it available to people who haven’t joined yet. I know it would be better if we could have it in two places… one for later maybe.
9 Likes

*Valiantly still campaigning for 8-12h simple/ absolute time :innocent:

2 Likes

Why is this game still paused?

The fix intercepts the “going on vacation part”. :slight_smile:

I was not able to “unpause” currently paused games … these will resume when the person returns from vacation, but should not go on pause again after that.

So you should have something like “a few weeks” to wait, no more.

4 Likes

There are more than one, everyone who on vacation should?

What if in the last few days of vacation of player1, player2 goes to vacation, will pause stop when vacation of player1 ends?

1 Like

Really nice that you still find time and energy to correct all these. Keep the great work!

4 Likes

Just from reading the code (not tested), it appears to me that the games currently paused will resume when the last person currently on vacation returns.

However, no new vacationers will be added.