Sadaharu, come back!

Hey, so what’s happened with Sadaharu, does anyone know? Sadaharu is one of the most consistent players for years keeping up their correspondence games, it’s weird.

I offer to make a tournament calling upon the god of Chance to get Sadaharu back to OGS:

Ideally, all their opponents should play but that’ll never happen.

What do you think? Is it good or in bad taste?

I mean, I wouldn’t mind Sadaharu coming back and participating in their own commemorative tournament.

And I think the signs are aligning, I set the start date as three months from the first timeout and it’s Friday, 13th which is a good number.

6 Likes

Eh, I think the person might feel some pressure if they happen to check and find it.
Since we can never know what’s going on in someone’s life, although I stan legends, I’d advocate against stanning legends.
My two kyus.

5 Likes

What does this slang mean?

Sorry, I just can’t keep up with how the kids these days talk, with all their twitch toks and instabooks.

5 Likes

Me too, so I googled it: to stan means to be an overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity.
:grinning:

5 Likes

For the first one to work, you need the whole “stan a legend” expression.
The first is awe, the second is Eminem (I know you know Eminem Stan, I won’t believe otherwise).

1 Like

Sadaharu was top, or very near the top, of all 3 site ladders when this happened, affecting several of their games. They also had tournament games from tournaments being played over years (you know the ones) which were affected, and I don’t know if these results were ever corrected or not.

I’d be surprised if something other than this event precipitated their leaving, but who knows.

4 Likes

I seem to remember that they bounced back very fast, with new games and with rank correction from anoek.

I don’t know, if it was rank frustration I guess they would have left immediately. I don’t want to stalk, if someone plays in other servers and Sadaharu has an account there, maybe they can verify that they are at least active there.

4 Likes

The ranks get fixed fast but what about the title tournaments and other tournaments that last years?

1 Like

I’ve never excelled in any type of stuff, but I’d expect someone who reached the skies, like Sadaharu, is used to life sometimes be like that. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I ended up scrapping the tournament but Sadaharu is back so it’s all good now.

5 Likes