Server ending game by its own decision

Is there a way to disable this function? I do not like when it happens in a game I am winning or losing. It feels so intrusive. It also does not give a chance for a lesser player to learn when and not to invade.

Today in a correspondence game I passed, a couple of times, the other player was playing and the server asked if I accepted its decision. I did not reply and have never seen a decline button. The server ended the game despite my not accepting it.

If I wanted to play the computer I would. I do not want a computer coming between me and my opponent. Thank you. Otherwise OGS is the best server out there for functionality, and options and no download. Sadly not enough players compared to Asian GO sites that are still in the early days of computing.

5 Likes

your opponent accepted it then

6 Likes

I do share your feeling but on another side of our unperfect world, OGS is busy with stalling by some players and that’s the reason why it has been implemented. Not sure myself that is the good way to go, still in some kind of testing too.

Well that would be an offer for stalling players too and contradicting the aim of the process.

1 Like

Seems like you agree with me that only the player passing should be given this option. Feel free to chime in in that thread saying how much you agree with my proposed refinements to the antistalling feature :smiley:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Categorically false.

I see no decision crossroads.

3 Likes

istockphoto-486936401-612x612

6 Likes

What you don’t know is that I started searching for “server decision” in the source code today :wink:

It doesn’t mean it’s a done deal by any means, but then S is just at a crest, that’s all you could actually say :wink: The victory salute was simply celebrating another person agreeing with him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I wasn’t referring to server decision on games, but to how the decisions for OGS features really can’t be represented by straight roads, even bumpy ones :wink:

1 Like

11 Likes

I didn’t get that joke, so I looked up “bikeshedding” in the Urban Dictionary:

Technical disputes over minor, marginal issues conducted while more serious ones are being overlooked. The implied image is of people arguing over what color to paint the bicycle shed while the house is not finished.

:rofl:

5 Likes

A little closer to the source, if you’re interested: BSD FAQ: Why should I care what color the bikeshed is?

It’s a great term!

1 Like

This is a nice kind of analogy, because all the folk in Asterix’s village are pretty decent folk, and no-one gets hurt in those fights…

5 Likes