Show your Goban/Study Space!

Where did you get those glass go stones? How do you like them?

Are they the same as these? http://shop.gogameguru.com/glass-go-stones-36-biconvex/
Or did you get them from a different manufacturer?

I’m asking since I’m thinking about upgrading to a nicer set of stones.

I bought them at Hebsacker-Verlag in Germany. :smiley:

Those pictures below are from the Hebsacker Website, and the links go directly to their shop. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if they ship outside Germany, though.

#Green Ones

#Normal Ones

3 Likes

They do ship outside Germany, I bought some materials from that shop before and had them shipped to Denmark.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Me, of course. :smiley:

My go equipment

18 Likes

11 Likes

I am playing Go at the beach this very moment. :smiley: Greetings from Holland.

12 Likes

Go and tea space in the living room.

@Franzisa: Beer go on the beach. Fun times :smile:

@yebellz: Very sharp and nice bokeh!

15 Likes

BOAtanne, who also plays on OGS got this nice birthday present today:

Linden Tree bowls and Shin Kaya bowls, together with Black, White and Green glass stones; plus a solid Shin Kaya board. It was a big community present from the whole club of friends, and he didn’t see that coming. :blush: :hearts:

15 Likes

:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Enjoying the afternoon with a bottle of honey wine.

19 Likes

I set up a goban to track correspondence games on my bulletin board.

The board is just a print out on an 8.5x8.5 inch piece of paper, and the magnetic stones are from travel set.

21 Likes

Here is mine, sorry for bad quality. I just got the little table to put the go board on, pretty neat to just turn the chair around (and not get distracted by all my cables!) and having the board right there :slight_smile: The table is an Ikea Lack, goes for like 49SEK and I am so Swedish I have an Ikea in my home town so it was pretty easy to get. I wish I could get a nice tea table I’ve seen others have but I have problems with my spine and stuff so I can’t sit on the floor :confused: To be honest I do most of my studying on the computer though, but for pro games I always use the board.

11 Likes

Here’s mine. Just got the board and stones as birthday gifts. To think that my family complained of cost - they’d have a heart attack if I’d listed the ones I really wanted…

Sadly, my wife refuses to learn and my brother in law is probably somewhere in the 25kyu range. I’ve taken to trying to win by a single point against him (He refuses to take appropriate handicap, so aiming for 1 point trains my counting and makes it a lot more fun for him). My book collection’s nothing to look at and I don’t have a dedicated study space. Yes, those are crown royal bags holding my stones for the time being.

18 Likes

Stephanie (Mingming) Yin 1P schooling a couple of amateurs in my apt.

25 Likes

My board + New books And a partial position from the bottom left book

11 Likes

Were you one of those amateurs? :wink:

2 Likes

ha, yes I was one of those amateurs.

3 Likes

This is my Study Place
The Board is a handmade MDF board. I still dont have any bowls . I plan to buy a real goban (maybe legged one) when i will become stronger.

The stones are Korean Glass stones.

The magnetic board have 2 purposes. Design and showing problems . This one is simple I’ve already done it but looks nice :smile:
And of course the computer where I play my games online.

13 Likes