Show your Goban/Study Space!

Stephanie (Mingming) Yin 1P schooling a couple of amateurs in my apt.

25 Likes

My board + New books And a partial position from the bottom left book

11 Likes

Were you one of those amateurs? :wink:

2 Likes

ha, yes I was one of those amateurs.

3 Likes

This is my Study Place
The Board is a handmade MDF board. I still dont have any bowls . I plan to buy a real goban (maybe legged one) when i will become stronger.

The stones are Korean Glass stones.

The magnetic board have 2 purposes. Design and showing problems . This one is simple I’ve already done it but looks nice :smile:
And of course the computer where I play my games online.

13 Likes

Pepper the Senegal Parrot has recently taken an interest in the bowl of black nuts on the coffee table. Now I have a towel to cover the table when not in use.

18 Likes

Awesome bird! And that there visually under his/her beak—is it a blob of what I think it is?

Did you think it was a piece of cucumber? And if you’re curious, the other things on the floor are bits of a gray colored Croc (the shoe). Pepper has such a thing about shoes that I give him old ones to tear apart.

Also, for anyone considering a bird as a pet, they are more trouble than cats or dogs and they live longer, much longer. They can be very rewarding, but only if you are the right person, with a lifestyle that can meet the needs of the bird. Think long and do your research before you acquire a pet bird.

3 Likes

My book collection from the Japan trip

10 Likes

From a 2nd hand store? Also surprised they sell Eng books

The English books are from kiin, the bottom 3 books from second hand stores, rest from retail stores or Amazon

Nice! Seems like a good way to both keep your correspondence games in the front of your mind and serve as a Go conversation starter among co-workers.

sleepy

Agathis table board from 6 Brothers (Korea)
Agathis bowls from 6 Brothers (Korea)
Yunzi stones from Yellow Mountain Imports (California)

16 Likes

20 Likes

Beautiful table. Where did you get it from?

I got it from Möbelix. http://www.möbelix.at
They don’t have it anymore, just checked. ( i bought it a few weeks ago)

1 Like

14 Likes

19 Likes

agathis board 5.5cm, yuki grade stones(9.5mm), rose keyaki bowls. … and possibly the most imporatant; a nice pint of Guiness.
(the smaller board on the right is a YMI purchase that’s a 9x9 and 13x13 with some plastic stones. a $50 purchase that is now my ‘bar set’)

16 Likes

I love that table. Looks like a very cozy study space