Signed in from Facebook, can I change my username?

Hello! Same issue as everyone else here. Can I have the name “Pill”? It is taken by a provisional account that hasn’t been touched for a year and a Half. It has one game on it. If not my second choice would be “Knocks”.

Thanks!

1 Like

done:

Please remember log out and back in, and also out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here as as well.

I’m sorry, it doesn’t seem wise to me to hijack that username, we don’t know their reason for not playing, and they might return, so … your name is now “Knocks”:

Please remember log out and back in, and also out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here as as well.

1 Like

Hey, can I get my name changed from [deleted by moderator] to Pluckerpluck.

I really think the ability to change names should be brought back because all these oauth sign-ins normally choose terrible names by default. If you did this maybe you could list all old usernames like on Steam.

Or maybe, on first oauth sign-in, let people pick a username? Then all future changes are through the forum?

3 Likes

Yes, you can (though that actually wasn’t a question :wink: )

It is done:
Please remember to log out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here as as well.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote]
I really think the ability to change names should be brought back because all these oauth sign-ins normally choose terrible names by default.[/quote]Well, I think those “terrible names” are less trouble than the abuse we’ve had by people changing their names.

[quote]If you did this maybe you could list all old usernames like on Steam.

Or maybe, on first oauth sign-in, let people pick a username? Then all future changes are through the forum?
[/quote]These questions would have to be answered by our developers @anoek and @matburt.

1 Like

Hey!

Same thing with me!

Could I have my username changed to ’ Spirradical ’ ?

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Yes, done:

Please remember to also log out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here as as well.

You’re welcome, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi !
I have create my account through Google Auth and I want to change my username too (as it’s currently “[removed by moderator]”: my real name)
If you can set it to “Zhylog” that would be great :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Hmm, I guess there isn’t a better way to request this, but can you please change my username to “photonic” (no quotes). thank you!

Done:

Done:

And please, everybody, remember to also log out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here as as well.

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like

Hey, can I change my username to JJL?

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

This is just a reminder to log out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here as as well.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

This seems to be the place for this… I also signed up through facebook and would prefer not to have my real name as my user name. Can I have my user name changed to “CaelanGo” ? Thanks!

Done. See reminder just above your post too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Can you change my username as well? Maybe icalF please. Thanks!

1 Like

Done:

Also, please remember to log out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here as as well.

Hi, I also signed in from Facebook…can I change my username to ThetaHat please?

Well, we can :wink: and I did:

Please remember to log out of the forum and back in to have the change reflected here as as well.