Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

The same green chain and a light-blue chain that is slightly larger than in the last example both have no liberties and are simultaneously removed, because both contain a “recently placed stone”.

fractional_game2_example1

fractional_game2_example2

I really must go to sleep now, good night!

3 Likes

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on the bottom-right situation!

1 Like

I was thinking team white should play at R6 and Q5 Q6 and R5 to kill four stones, should I play one of those?

I definitely approve of team white submitting two illegal moves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

To me it seems like white was really successful there, although we started with a good position.

The corner is gone IMO, the right side needs fortification. I wonder if I can help with the attack on the upper right.

2 Likes

Hah, you wouldn’t believe how many times I read over those and still got it wrong.

2 Likes

For example, we could do this, I think:

Kind of interesting how a dead stone (Q5) can still help another one (Q4) live.

But maybe we’re strong enough there for now. If nobody is excited about that kind of thing I guess I’ll play Q14 to continue working on my corner.

2 Likes

I’m not convinced yet, there’s so many ways in which things can go differently than expected.

2 Likes

Sure, a lot can happen, but I don’t see a way for black to gain something there in the near future.

2 Likes

Then I guess tenuki is nice, if White decides to capture, we basically get three moves elsewhere, which cannot be bad either.

If white instead decides to also play elsewhere, we may be able to sneak an extra stone in that may be helpful later.

Anything can happen :smiley:

(I’m playing elsewhere, by the way)

1 Like

By the way @Vsotvep your board editor seems to have a bug on my phone - in multicolor mode it doesn’t show a color until I make one more tap.

I’m playing elsewhere, too.

Looks good to me

1 Like

Round 10

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: N4 @Jon_Ko: L3 @Vsotvep: S14
White @yebellz: – @Feijoa: Q6 @terrific: N4

Unfortunately yebellz did not submit a move this round. Maharani and terrific collide at N4 and a stone with combined colours is placed.

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round10

old with mistake

fractional_game2_Round10

Deadline for Round 11: 2021-11-30T10:00:00Z

3 Likes

N4 should be black+white+red+blue rather than black+white+red+green.

2 Likes

Right, thank you for pointing that out. I corrected it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Could we have a vote on whether yebellz should be allowed to play two pre-announced moves next round, or are you absolutely against that? :slight_smile: (If it was white+red or white+green who had oops’d, I would pass next round instead, but in this case I don’t want to put blue at an extra disadvantage…)

1 Like

My main goal is that the players have fun and enjoy the game, so I’m not absolutely against anything.

3 Likes
Should yebellz be allowed to play two pre-announced moves for next round?
  • Yae
  • Nay

0 voters

2 Likes

In a way, it’s an interesting consideration for a rule in general, instead of a “fix” for missing a submission: being late gives the benefit of being able to play two stones simultaneously, but at the disadvantage of having to skip one turn and having the two moves be publicly known.

2 Likes