Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

What does it really mean to end the game now? Just counting everything as alive?

I think to get any meaningful score from the current position, we would need to play on at least a little bit to settle some lingering life and death questions. Unless everyone is already in complete agreement about the life and death status of everything?

Of course, the game could end immediately, without scoring, if one side agrees to resign.

1 Like

From the rules:

There’s no provision for agreeing about dead groups like in normal Go, so scoring will be quite random if we accidentally repeat a position. Maybe Black would agree to keep playing anyway, but I wouldn’t count on it!

Anyway, I think my move this round will guarantee that at least someone doesn’t suicide.

3 Likes

Ah, yes. Good point

I’ll play a boring move elsewhere this round.

@Feijoa has not submitted yet. Next Reminder: 2022-04-11T18:00:00Z

2 Likes

Sorry, submitted!

2 Likes

Round 66

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: T10 @Jon_Ko: Q5 @Vsotvep: A19
White @yebellz: E12 @Feijoa: L17 @terrific: E2

After placing all stones …

…Q6 and the black chain in the lower-left corner are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round66_2

Check-in Time for Round 67: 2022-04-13T06:00:00Z

2 Likes

Great, now green has four eyes.

@Maharani, @Vsotvep, I did some counting again and I think we still have a chance to win. The borders are not fully established in the upper left quadrant and there are still some issues in the lower right quadrant.

1 Like

@Maharani has not submitted yet. Next Reminder: 2022-04-16T06:00:00Z (I’m on vacation until then)

5 Likes

Round 67

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: D15 @Jon_Ko: Q6 @Vsotvep: A17
White @yebellz: A17 @Feijoa: Q6 @terrific: P3

Yebellz and Vsotvep collide at A17, Feijoa and Jon_Ko collide at Q6. After placing all stones …

… E15, Q6 and A17 are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round67_2

Check-in Time for Round 68: 2022-04-18T11:00:00Z

Thanks for your patience everybody, I had a very relaxing vacation :grin:

3 Likes

Nice, D15 closed the gap a little bit.

I’ll play F16 to make sure the E16 group is safe.

That group looks pretty safe to me. It’s connected to black+pink and white+blue.

I totally missed the pink+black connection. :smiley:

I’ll try a move that needs a little bit of luck.

That’s not what I was thinking we’d do but okay, @terrific. I’ll go back to harassing pink for now.

@Maharani, @Vsotvep, if the game proceeds to counting now, white will already have a decent amount of points around A1. So at least one of us has to make sure the board position doesn’t get repeated.

A17 and Q6 are both dangerous in that sense, so if we play those again, our third move will have to safely change the board position.

1 Like

Round 68

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: A15 @Jon_Ko: Q6 @Vsotvep: A17
White @yebellz: A17 @Feijoa: H17 @terrific: H8

Vsotvep and yebellz collide at A17. After placing all stones …

… A17 and A15 are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round68_2

Check-in Time for Round 69: 2022-04-20T16:00:00Z

2 Likes

@Vsotvep, do you want help in the upper left?

If you have an idea how you can help, go for it. I’m going to play A17 until I capture it, since I don’t see any other move that is useful for me anyways.

2 Likes