Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Sorry for the delay. @Maharani hasn’t submitted yet. Next Reminder: 2022-04-22T07:00:00Z

1 Like

Round 69

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: A15 @Jon_Ko: G15 @Vsotvep: A17
White @yebellz: A17 @Feijoa: H18 @terrific: F18

Yebellz and Vsotvep collide at A17. After placing all stones …

… A17, A15 and the white chain at G14 are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round69_2

Check-in Time for Round 70: 2022-04-24T13:00:00Z

4 Likes

Great, I’ll play G18.

@Maharani, could you play A17 this turn? I think I have to do something else now to make sure I don’t die.

Okay :slight_smile:

@terrific has not submitted yet. Next reminder: 2022-04-25T16:00:00Z

Round 70

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: A17 @Jon_Ko: R4 @Vsotvep: J16
White @yebellz: A17 @Feijoa: G18 @terrific: J16

Maharani and yebellz collide at A17, terrific and Vsotvep collide at J16. After placing all stones …

… the green chain consisting of J15 and K15 is removed due to having no liberties and containing no stones placed this round. The white chain connected to J16 contains a stone placed this round and therefore (partly) survives. Furthermore A17 gets removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round70_2

Check-in Time for Round 71: 2022-04-26T20:00:00Z

Another entertaining round, I’m very pleased with how the capture rule is working :smile:

5 Likes

Nothing exciting to do up there now, I’ll go clean something else up.

1 Like

@Maharani, could you play on the same place again? I want to attempt something this round.

1 Like

Gotcha :slight_smile:

Round 71

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: A17 @Jon_Ko: Q3 @Vsotvep: F16
White @yebellz: A17 @Feijoa: F19 @terrific: J9

Maharani and yebellz collide at A17. After placing all stones …

… G16 is removed, freeing up liberties for the pink chain (which contains F16, a stone placed this round). Furthermore Q4 and A17 are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round71_2

Check-in Time for Round 72: 2022-04-30T06:00:00Z

5 Likes

G16* was removed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right, thank you!

1 Like

Isn’t Q4 dead now?

4 Likes

Right, thank you for pointing it out. Sorry for the mistakes everybody :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Good, I get to connect!

2 Likes

So… Blue and Pink keep fighting these connection points for the rest of the game, leaving all other battles to Green? :grin:

Actually, can someone explain to me what’s so important about A17? Isn’t it just a point?

1 Like

It’s about A17 and A18. So two points that could go either way. Which makes a difference of four points (although I’m not sure I’m using the term “points” correctly here, as we’re using area scoring).

And then there’s A15 as a possible follow-up.

4 Likes

In case it ends up being the case that four of us have to continuously play moves that get removed immediately, I think it’s helpful if the remaining member of team Black throws some stones in empty territory that is crrently only bordering white stones; to reduce the amount of territory that can be claimed to be white if we accidentally trigger scoring.

3 Likes

Anybody got a count, anyway…? :slight_smile:

1 Like